Senior UX Designer
At Smartsheet, our purpose is to empower everyone to achieve more. We're hiring a Senior UX designer to help build our design system and shape the future of work. Designers at Smartsheet come from a diverse range of traditional and non-traditional backgrounds. We apply principles of design thinking to create engaging, valuable, and intuitive user experiences for our web and mobile apps. Designers represent the end-user and promote human-centered methodologies across the product team to design solutions that meet people's needs.
This role is located in our Bellevue, WA headquarters and will report to the UX Design Manager.
Who We Are
- The Experience Design (XD) team is a large and growing team of designers, researchers, writers, and program managers that love what we do and help our customers love what they do!
- We value authenticity, passion, and working collaboratively with our product teams and fellow XD teammates to help guide a holistic product strategy and experience.
- We are setting the experience bar for enterprise applications so our customers feel empowered, inspired, and connected.
What You'll Do
- Drive design strategy by working with teams across the organization to translate their needs into sustainable elements that bring consistency to users’ experience with the product.
- Create the visual and interaction patterns for the design system being used by the entire company.
- Partner with researchers to validate visual and interaction prototypes, incorporating user and team feedback.
- Advise designers on design system usage to maintain UI consistency.
- Provide assets, specifications, and guidance for designers and developers, using tools like Sketch, Figma, and Zeplin.
What You Bring
- Degree in design (interaction, product, human-centered, or related) or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years design experience, with strong visual and information design skills, including color, typography, and visual hierarchy.
- A systems thinking approach—you understand downstream impacts of design decisions.
- Expertise in using and contributing to modern UX frameworks and design systems.
- Knowledge of emerging web and mobile UI patterns and design tools.
- Experience with microinteractions and use of motion in UX is a plus.
- Experience applying accessibility best practices (WCAG) is a plus.
- Experience facilitating activities that gather insights on user needs and goals, as well as validating designs with user research.
- Expert in design & prototyping tools such as Figma, Sketch, Axure, Principal, or others.
- A portfolio that shows collaboration in your processes, ability to design for end-to-end experiences, as well as modern UI and interactions.
- Ability to clearly present your designs, including design rationale or supporting research.
Perks & Benefits
- 100% employer-paid medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees
- Equity - Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) Equity with all offers
- Lucrative Employee Stock Purchase Program (15% discount)
- 401k Match to help you save for your future (50% of your contribution up to the first 6% of your eligible pay)
- Monthly stipend to support your work and productivity
- 15 days PTO to start, plus Flexible Sick Leave
- Up to 24 weeks of Parental Leave
- Personal paid Volunteer Day to support our community
- Opportunities for professional growth and development including access to Audible for Business and LinkedIn Learning online courses
- Company Funded Perks, including a counseling membership, primary care membership, local retail discounts, and your own personal Smartsheet account
- Teleworking options from any registered location in the U.S. (role specific)
Equal Opportunity Employer
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to fostering an inclusive environment with the best employees. We provide employment opportunities without regard to any legally protected status in accordance with applicable laws in the US, UK, and Australia. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
At Smartsheet, we strive to build an inclusive environment that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our team members who also represent the diverse needs of our customers. We’re looking for people who are driven, authentic, supportive, effective, and honest. You’re encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn’t precisely match our job description—if your career path has been nontraditional, that will set you apart. At Smartsheet, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who aren’t afraid to be innovative—join us!