Senior UX Designer
Senior UX Designer - Software Platform
At August Home, we believe that the door to the home isn’t just about keeping your home safe from unwanted visitors. It’s also about letting the right people in - at the right times, on the right terms and always under the homeowner’s control. In addition we partner with a variety of brands and platforms to drive our ecosystem expansion, our in-home services and delivery access programs.
In 2017 we were acquired by ASSA ABLOY, the global lead in access solutions. As part of that acquisition we became part of Yale, our sister brand. Thus, the entire team works to deliver best in class products, services and solutions for both the August Home and the Yale brand, often with a global footprint.
We are looking for a highly-skilled Senior UX Designer to join the San Francisco Product team. We are responsible for developing the ASSA ABLOY software platform that powers the award-winning August Smart Locks and multiple global brands (Yale Access, Gateman Access). You’ll work closely with Product Managers, Engineers and fellow UX Designers to define end-to-end experiences across software (mobile, web) and services for smart locks and other smart security devices. This position will be involved in all phases of the design process, including user research and prototyping, and creating and maintaining UX specification documents.
You’ll be working on features with large global impact, across multiple brands in the ASSA ABLOY family. You’ll primarily be designing for our iOS and Android mobile application, and engaging on new projects. This role provides the opportunity to have a lasting impact across a global company and multiple product lines.
WHAT YOUR DAY LOOKS LIKE:
- Drafting wireframes for mobile and web applications
- Gathering cross-functional inputs and requirements to turn customer needs into beautiful, functional designs
- Advocating for changes, refinements, and ongoing improvements to the user experience
- Ideating, sketching, authoring, iterating, and maintaining final UX documentation including storyboards, flows, architecture, mockups, prototypes, animations, etc.
- Experience mentoring other designers
- Comfortable dealing with multiple stakeholders
WHAT BRINGS SUCCESS TO THIS ROLE:
- An ability and passion for turning complex technologies into simple, intuitive experiences
- A self-starter, organized and able to prioritize
- Ability to use data to make design decisions
- Creating designs that delight users internationally
- BA/BS degree in a design-related discipline or equivalent practical experience
- Five years experience designing mobile and web user experiences for successful products in either the IoT, connected devices or security domains
- Proficiency with Figma, Adobe Creative Suite or similar tools. Experience with Jira (or similar tools) will be helpful
- Experience with user testing, customer surveys, and similar methods of gathering user feedback
- Experience designing for the complexities of physical products
WHY IT’S AMAZING TO WORK AT AUGUST:
- Working with an incredibly passionate and intelligent team
- Building products that solve real-world problems
- 100% employee coverage for medical, dental and vision
- Life insurance
- COVID-19 supported WFH policies and efforts (amazing in-office benefits upon return)
- Tuition and certification reimbursement
August is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, train, promote, pay, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a person’s appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or other statuses protected by law. We interpret these protected statuses broadly to include both the actual status and any perceptions and assumptions made regarding these statuses.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance August will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.