Senior UX Designer
At Tekion, we're building the only cloud-native platform that is transforming the automotive retail industry, leapfrogging it into the future and providing unparalleled customer experience. We're creating seamlessly integrated, elegant, and intuitive solutions built with cutting edge technology and powered by Big Data, Machine Learning (ML)/ AI and Internet of Things (Connected vehicle to connected devices). We’re harnessing passion, entrepreneurial spirit, deep industry expertise and the latest technologies to create something very special. We're inventing new technology along the way to overcome barriers and solve big problems, all while having a blast doing it!
At Tekion, design and user experience (UX) are at the forefront of everything we do. Our UX teams include designers, researchers, content strategists, and engineers who are passionate about quality, usability, and simplicity. We work on collaborative teams to solve complex challenges and craft experiences that highlight our products' unique capabilities and personalities.
The job of a Senior Designer is to envision how people experience our products and bring that vision to life in a way that feels inspired, refined, and even magical. You'll take on complex tasks and transform them into intuitive, accessible, and easy-to-use designs — from the first-time user to the sophisticated expert. Achieving this goal requires collaboration with teams of Designers, Researchers, Engineers, and Product Managers throughout the design process—from creating user flows and wireframes to building user interface mock-ups and prototypes. At each stage, you will anticipate what our users need, advocate for them, and ensure that the final product Is easy to use and solving their problems.
- Collaborate with product, engineering, business, and design teams to create new features, understand their impact, and continue to elevate the experience of our users.
- Ability to understand the product's mission, understand personas based on user research, refer analytics data, and translate into simple and engaging experiences.
- Deliver UX solutions that measurably improve the core workflows of our users by efficiently implementing user experiences that are cohesive, inclusive, and well-informed.
- The ship, measure, and improve your designs based on quantitative and qualitative feedback.
Skills & Qualifications
- 3 - 6 years of experience with end-to-end product design
- A portfolio or samples of work demonstrating experience creating effective user-centered design solutions with measurable results
- Strong UX design and visual design skills
- A track record of shipping great design, and an understanding of what details matter at each stage of the release cycle
- Comprehensive knowledge of cross-platform design patterns (and when to break them)
- Obsession with users - who they are and how they use the product - to create the best experience for them
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, HCI, Design, or equivalent practical experience
- Able to function independently and in a team environment with solid collaboration skills
- Experience in designing B2B, enterprise, or platform applications
Tekion is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Your California Privacy Rights
- You can ask us what Personal Information we have about you, including a list of categories of your Personal Information that we have sold and a list of categories of your Personal Information that we have shared with another company for a business purpose.
- You can ask us to delete your Personal Information.
- You can ask that we stop selling your Personal Information.
- What Personal Information Do You Collect About Me? If you make this request, we will return to you (to the extent required by law):
- The categories of Personal Information we have collected about you.
- The categories of sources from which we collect your Personal Information.
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling your Personal Information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share Personal Information.
- The specific Personal Information we have collected about you.
- A list of categories of Personal Information that we have sold, along with the category of any other company we sold it to. Any of the categories of Personal Information that we collect could be included in a sale to other companies, including those within our corporate structure. If we have not sold your Personal Information, we will inform you of that fact.
- A list of categories of Personal Information that we have disclosed for a business purpose, along with the category of any other company we shared it with.
- Delete My Personal Information. You have the right to ask that we delete your Personal Information. Once we receive a request, we will delete the Personal Information (to the extent required by law) we hold about you as of the date of your request from our records and direct any service providers to do the same. In some cases, deletion may be accomplished through de-identification of the information. Choosing to delete your Personal Information may impact your ability to use our websites and Services, including closure of your Customer account, and limit your use of Services require your Personal Information.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising your rights. This means we will not deny you goods or services, charge different prices or rates, provide a different level of service or quality of goods, or suggest that you might receive a different price or level of quality for goods for exercising your rights. Please know, if you ask us to delete or stop selling your data, it may impact your experience with us, and you may not be able to participate in certain programs or services which require usage of your Personal Information to function.
To exercise the California privacy rights described above, please contact us at email@example.com.
- Verifying Your Identity for Requests to Access or Delete Personal Information We take the privacy of your Personal Information seriously and want to ensure that we provide only you or your authorized agent with your Personal Information. As such, we verify the identity of each person who makes a request to access their Personal Information or to delete their Personal information.
To verify your identity, we ask you to provide your:First name*