Senior User Experience Designer
EVERFI is the leading education technology innovator that provides learners of all ages education for the real world through scalable digital learning platforms. Founded in 2008, EVERFI is fueled by its Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) subscription model and has certified millions of learners with thousands of partners across 50 states, Canada and Puerto Rico. EVERFI is an industry convener that builds Networks that tackle the toughest social issues. These Networks include the Prescription Drug Safety Network, Campus Prevention Network, and the Financial Capability Network. Some of America's leading CEOs and venture capital firms are EVERFI investors including Amazon founder and CEO Jeff Bezos, Google Chairman Eric Schmidt, Twitter founder Evan Williams, Advance Publications, Rethink Education and Rethink Impact. To learn more about EVERFI visit everfi.com or follow us on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn or Twitter @EVERFI.
The Senior Designer, User Experience researches and designs human-centered, high-impact experiences that empower super users to discover and promote learning activities that address challenges faced by their communities and/or workplaces. Designers collaborate with other designers, product managers, and engineers to design, test, and refine an intuitive and friendly customer experience.
- Deliver end-to-end user experience solutions based on design thinking methodologies, and focused on user needs and business goals
- Collect data through interviews, surveys, web search, product usage reports, or other methods.
- Support product managers and business analysts in order to validate market needs, business requirements, and functional specifications
- Design, test, develop and maintain intuitive user journeys through a complex system to ensure adoption of efficient design systems across the organization
- Shape success criteria for and suggest techniques to measure impact of new features to ensure proposed designs are aligned with user needs and business goals
- Review the user experience prototypes and released software to ensure it conforms with design system standards and usability best practices
- Participate in continuous improvement processes that reduce cycle time and improve quality and impact of development efforts
- Perform quality audits of existing test cases, tier 3 escalations, and defects found in production to discover and close gaps in test case documentation and test automation.
- Other job-related duties as assigned
Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in interaction or computer design preferred, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum of 4 years of experience working as a user experience designer
- Experience working within agile, iterative development teams
- Deep knowledge of design principles and methods
- Experience building scalable products
- Collaborative, excellent listening and communication skills
- Ability to travel up to 5% of the time to conduct user experience research
- Work portfolio representing experience in user experience research and UI/UX validation across multiple platforms (e.g. Web, Android, iOS, Email, Social Platforms)
- Competitive base salary, 401k match, and equity plan
- Health, dental, & vision coverage
- Flexible paid time off program
- Casual work environment
- Opportunity to work with talented people who also have fun in the workplace
EVERFI appreciates your interest in our company as a place of employment. It is EVERFI policy to provide equal opportunity for employment to all qualified employees and applicants, regardless of race, religion, religious affiliation, ancestry, citizenship status, marital status, familial status, sexual orientation, color, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal law. This policy applies to all areas of employment including recruitment, placement, training, transfer, promotion, termination, pay, and other forms of compensation and benefits. EVERFI will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals