Sunbasket is the #1 healthy meal kit in the United States. The company has grown rapidly from $0-$200M+ revenue over the past 4 years. Ranked the #1 online healthy eating platform by Epicurious in 2019 and Buzzfeed 2 years in a row, Sunbasket is disrupting the $650B grocery market with a fundamentally healthier, easier, and more personal way to cook and eat at home. Backed by top-tier investors, Sunbasket is based in San Francisco, CA and delivers millions of meals nationwide each month.
The User Experience Researcher will help keep the customer at the forefront of our digital product strategy. You will partner with Design, Product Management, Data Science, and Engineering to derive deep insights about our users’ behaviors and attitudes and communicate results and actionable recommendations across the company. You’ll help inform all aspects of the digital product lifecycle, from product strategy and problem definition to iteration and evaluation of current offerings.
The ideal candidate is an excellent communicator and flexible team player that can thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. You have a track record of leveraging insights to build consensus with passionate cross-functional stakeholders and who care deeply about creating delightful experiences that solve our users’ problems.
What you'll be doing:
- Identify and prioritize strategic research projects that shape how we build products and generate positive impacts for our business and our customers
- Plan and conduct a variety of research studies, including 1-on-1 interviews, concept tests, focus groups and surveys
- Synthesize findings into meaningful themes, turning them into actionable insights & reports
- Partner with Product Managers, Designers and other stakeholders to understand the team’s research needs and build a research roadmap
- Test assumptions with customers to ensure we are building the best solution for the customer problem
- Enable others at Sunbasket to conduct their own research and make customer-centric decisions
Who you are, and why you're right for us:
- A degree in Anthropology, Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), Human Factors, Psychology, Sociology, or a related field
- 3+ years of experience in user research related to software and digital experiences, ideally at a B2C company
- Familiarity with a variety of research methods such as 1:1 interviews, concept testing, card sorting, remote studies, usability, surveys, etc. as well as deep understanding of when and how to apply them during the product development process
- Demonstrated ability to drive business and product decisions based on research
- Ability to work well in an ambiguous, fast-paced environment
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Restless & optimistic; Driven by purpose, fueled by collaborative environments
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of Sunbasket, Inc. to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), race, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), color, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), genetic information, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, sexual orientation, military service status, veteran status, domestic violence victim status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law or ordinance or regulation.
We value diversity and encourage all qualified candidates to apply. In accordance with applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. Sunbasket, Inc. also provides reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities or for sincerely held religious beliefs or practices to the fullest extent required by law. If you would like to request an accommodation or believe you have been subject to discrimination, please contact the Company’s Human Resources Department.