User Interface/User Experience Designer
Are you looking for a place to invest in your future? Then consider a job at TechFlow where we provide opportunities for individuals to explore, learn and develop their career, while being part of an exciting team of professionals.
Here are some experiences you may have at TechFlow:
- Work with best-of-breed technologies
- Have fun while being part of a professional team
- Work in a challenging and dynamic environment
- Work in a supportive learning atmosphere where opportunities for training and advancement are provided.
TechFlow is in need for two (2) Applications Developers - User Interface/User Experience (UI/UX) Programmer and Designer for an accessibility program in a software development and IT application support organization.
The organization is interested in improving accessibility of its internal IT systems with the addition of the Applications Developers. Accessibility in this context includes Section 508 requirements and other reasonable accommodations in application design to make system more usable for all users.
- Required to implement and follow Section 508 requirements and other reasonable accommodations in application design to make internal systems more functional for all users.
- Use User Interface/User Experience (UI/UX) skills to design and shape Human Centered Design (HCD) products and experiences.
- Understand the differences between UI and UX design.
- Possess superior UI skills.
- Create and design web elements that optimize user interaction and experience.
- Collaborate on scenarios, end-to-end experiences, and screen designs.
- Collaborate with product management and engineering to define solutions for the product direction, visuals and user experience.
- Implement solutions for the product direction, visuals and user experience.
- Identify design problems and devise solutions.
- Implement user friendly solutions to simplify complex design roadblocks.
- Conduct user research.
- Evaluate user feedback.
- Conduct user testing of applications, software, and websites.
- Translate high-level requirements into interaction flows and artifacts
- Create interaction models and user interface specifications.
- Implement interaction models and user interface specifications.
- Create, improve and use methods such as prototypes, style guides, and user flows.
- Effectively communicate interaction ideas using methods such as wireframes, prototypes, style guides, or user flows.
- Define visual elements, product elements, and overall design.
- Design wireframes, user stories, user journeys, and mockups optimized for a wide range of devices and interfaces.
- Build wireframes and storyboards to conceptualize design.
- Establish and promote design guidelines, best practices and standards.
- Manage and track requirements through the team’s JIRA site.
- Implement customer design standards and create templates for reuse.
- Demonstrated experience designing complete user interfaces and user experiences that meet client needs and vision
- Demonstrated experience iterating designs and solutions efficiently
- Demonstrated experience using wire-framing tools, storyboards and user flows
- Demonstrated experience in UI engineering, UX programming, or related position
- General equivalency guidelines for education, certifications, and experience are provided below; however, these guidelines do not immediately qualify someone at a particular level.
- Skill levels for an individual are based upon a combination of education, training, and experience, e.g. someone may have 20 years of professional experience; however, they may only be qualified as Full Performance based upon the expertise needed to perform the work within that category.
- General professional years of experience may be substituted for specialized years of experience at a ratio of three (3) years of general experience within an occupation for one (1) year of specialized experience.
- Relevant certifications will be considered equivalent to three (3) months of specialized experience.
- An Associate’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, or a scientific or technical discipline related to the specific skill will be considered equivalent to eighteen (18) months specialized experience.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, or a scientific or technical discipline related to the specific skill will be considered equivalent to three (3) years specialized experience (total equivalency is not cumulative when combined with an Associate’s degree).
- A Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, or a scientific or technical discipline related to the specific skill will be considered equivalent to two (2) years specialized experience (up to a total of five (5) years when combined with a Bachelor’s).
- A Doctorate in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, or a scientific or technical discipline related to the specific skill will be considered equivalent to two (2) years specialized experience (up to a total of seven (7) years when combined with a Master’s and a Bachelor’s).
- Active TS/SCI with poly
- Demonstrated experience working in an agile/scrum development process
- Demonstrated experience working independently
- Demonstrated experience working as an active member of a team
- Demonstrated experience using UI/UX design best practices
- Demonstrated experience with UI/UX design and technology trends and their role in a commercial environment
Equal Opportunity Employer
TechFlow is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status.