Senior UX Researcher
Who is Wyze?
Wyze is a tech startup based in Kirkland, WA.
We’re a team of innovators and tech geeks obsessed with making smart home products accessible to everyone. Our products are intuitive and easy to use, and we partner with our customers to add new features and continuously improve our products over time. We believe customers shouldn’t have to compromise – beautifully designed smart home products should enrich people’s lives and be something everyone can afford.
We launched our first smart home camera, Wyze Cam, in October 2017. We also sell Wyze Cam Pan, a pan & tilt camera.
User engagement is at the heart of everything that we do. It’s our way to help customers set up and use our products, and to gather feedback on how we can make them better.
What is this Opportunity?
In this role, you will be responsible for employing user research to help the product stakeholders to craft long term vision, mid term plans and short term solutions. This researcher will be focused on subscription based service products to deliver insightful impacts to drive both the business growth and product experience. We are looking for a researcher who is passionate about finding the ways through ambiguities, skilled in communicating crisp research findings, and skilled in driving impact from users’ perspective within a team and across an organization. The right candidate will be equally skilled in facilitating thoughtful conversations with both internal stakeholders, customers, and research participants. Transforming those conversations into detailed research plans and actionable insights. Additionally, you should be able to speak in detail about human-computer interaction concepts and be able to explain the why behind your recommendations.
- Consistently deliver complex and insightful UX research projects and assignments on time and to the highest quality, while coaching team members in their work.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to understand the product vision and mission, identify the opportunities and craft the research plans.
- Conduct comprehensive research with users and report back to stakeholders.
- Communicate complex ideas/issues in a manner that is easily understood by others.
- Demonstrate innovative problem-solving when faced with complex and large-scale projects.
- Optimize and leverage resources across multiple projects and teams.
- Minimum 5 years researching consumer, enterprise and/or mobile user experiences.
- Master's degree or above in a research-related field (or equivalent industry experience).
- Master varieties of appropriate research methodologies and frameworks.
- Result driven, strong ownership and can get things done.
- An advanced degree in Psychology, HCI/HFE, HCDE, or related field.
- Hands on experience in the Smart Home or Smart IoT industry.
- Excellent skills to work with Data Analysts to deliver both qualitative and quantitative results.
- Experience conducting and setting direction for research across multiple products areas and departments.
- Experience coordinating, executing in generative and evaluative research methodologies.
- Experience with managing a complex workload and prioritizing in accordance with business priorities.
- Experience using a wide range of user experience research software and tools (e.g., Usertesting.com, Qualtrics)
- Experience coordinating the work of other researchers, vendors or agencies on a projectAn online portfolio or work samples.
If this sounds too good to be true and you are ready to be part of #teamwyze, then we
want to hear from you! Please send us your resume or detailed LinkedIn profile and tell
us a little about yourself with a cover letter that showcases some of the amazing things
you can do.
Lastly and incredibly important to us: we are an equal opportunity employer and value
diversity as well as inclusion at Wyze. We are fully committed to providing equal
employment opportunity for all employees and all applicants for employment. We believe that it’s a core part of being Wyze.