Chase passion. Pursue wellness. Be the best part of our customers’ day. These are some of the core values we hold at Widen, and why we’ve repeatedly been voted one of Madison’s Best Places to Work since 2015.
Established in 1948, we build high-performing software that empowers organizations to create impactful, meaningful, and measurable brand experiences. Embracing innovation and change, we’ve evolved from a small engraving business to a global software company by putting our customers at the forefront of all we do. Headquartered in Madison, Wisconsin, USA, and London, UK, Widen is a family-owned business with over 70 years of growth driven by unparalleled service and fueled by a community of 660+ customers. Let’s flourish, together.
The User Experience (UX) Researcher is responsible for designing, conducting, analyzing, and reporting on user-centered design research and usability testing. This includes identification of user needs and goals, task and workflow modeling, and persona development, as well as usability testing.
- Work across projects and applications, often simultaneously
- Lead usability studies during the product concepting and design phase, from sketches to high-fidelity prototypes and everything in-between
- Represent the voice of the customer at all times and inspire teams to put the user at the center of every decision made
- Demonstrate strong awareness of market problems Widen seeks to solve and empathy for our users
- Collaborate with UX and Product Management colleagues to plan and execute discovery research projects as needed
- Demonstrate commitment to bettering the team environment
- Anticipate the needs of the team and proactively take on work
- Protect the confidentiality, integrity, and availability (CIA) of Widen and customer information held, in any form
- At least two years of user centered research experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Behavioral Science, Human Computer Interaction, Anthropology, Sociology, Cognitive Psychology, or other relevant field
- Demonstrated ability to communicate complex concepts clearly to different audiences
- Excellent communication, presentation, and analytical skills
- Self-directed and able to work independently
Widen offers an extensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance; 401(k) with company match; and PTO. Besides the competitive compensation and benefits package, Widen believes in a flexible work schedule, community involvement, parental leave, life-work balance, and the benefit of wellness, both mental and physical. Employee perks include onsite workout equipment, locker rooms, puppy visits, chair massages, and last but not least, craft coffee and beer from local vendors.
In light of the pandemic, the office is currently open at reduced capacity with safety measures in place, and teams have the option to work remotely. Access to the office and other amenities are available to keep teams safe, healthy, and connected in the interim.
Due to the collaborative nature of this team, we are looking for someone located within a 3 hour driving distance from Madison so they can easily travel to the office on a monthly basis once we are back together.
Visit www.widen.com to watch customer video interviews, learn more about the product offering, and understand our history of marketing technology innovation.