Penn Foster is on a mission to connect people to jobs by providing digital learning solutions for individuals, job training organizations, and employers looking for sustained career advancement and development of robust talent pipelines.
As the Product Designer you will join a team that drives innovative product development to achieve our product goals and outcomes by placing the users first. In this role you will own defining the experience for new products, improving the experience for existing products and will work collaboratively with other designers, product managers, engineers, and data strategists throughout the lifecycle of the project. Your work with Penn Foster will play a key role in improving people’s lives through education.
What you'll be doing
- Contribute to the overall product design direction and strategy
- Create and maintain well thought out project plans and intuitive workflows
- Present project reviews or strategy to leadership in a clear and professional manner
- Lead multiple projects through research, design, testing & validation, communication, and implementation each quarter/cycle
- Identify and support other projects and guide them if necessary
- Work closely with the strategy and data teams to gather insight and adjust project plans/designs
- Create and participate in cross functional team workshops, surveys, or design sprints
- Mentor and motivate other designers shaping a positive design team culture
- Always be pushing new ideas forward in support of creating the best experience for our users both inside and outside the box
- Be a strong voice for UX and user first design within the company and an advocate for our learners
What you'll bring to the table
- 7-10 years of relevant experience and success in a Product Design, User Experience (UX) Design, or similar role with an emphasis on digital products
- Expert experience owning large-scale projects, communicating timelines, and executing designs
- Expert ability to drive the design process, present and iterate design solutions.
- Expert level leadership and communication skills
- Experience working with third party vendors and knowing how to handle them professionally
- Experience working with remote teams, strong time management skills and the ability to be self directed
- Experience in UX related tools and products such as: Sketch, Axure, Figma, Omnigraffle, XD
- Ability to understand users and their needs through research and feedback
- Ability to develop personas, customer journey maps, wireframes, and prototypes.
- A strong passion for putting the user first
- An unshakeable sense of organization
- Experience in working through chaos to create order
Equal Employment Opportunity:
At Penn Foster we are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We are committed to creating a work environment that embraces and celebrates diversity. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
At Penn Foster, we are dedicated to helping over 300,000 students each year achieve their goals through affordable, accessible, career-focused learning. Our mission has remained the same since 1890: to enhance the lives of our students and clients through the acquisition of skills and credentials that can help them work toward their career and life goals. Together with our extensive partner network of leading employers, community-based organizations, and academic institutions, we close skills gaps and are building a workforce that’s prepared for the future job market. We aim to help businesses thrive by mobilizing their individual workers and energizing communities with opportunities for growth and progress. We are proud to play a role in the success of over 80% percent of our graduates that see improvement within their careers, as they inspire us to keep finding new ways to further our reach and broaden horizons. Join the Penn Foster movement and start working toward a better future today.
What We Offer:
We offer a competitive base salary, plus a robust benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, flexible spending, generous paid time off, sponsored volunteer opportunities, parking & commuter benefits, a 401K with a company match, plus free access to all of our online programs.
About Polaris Talent
Polaris Talent, Inc. provides enterprise caliber Talent Acquisition and Human Resource (HR) recruiting and advising via a Recruiting-as-a-Service model to high growth startups who have not yet scaled up internal recruiting capabilities or who need to augment their existing team.
As an extension of our clients, we evangelize their culture and brand to attract top talent for their open roles and deliver pre-qualified people ready to start the interview process while helping create a robust and scalable internal recruiting operation.
We are committed to helping companies hire in a diverse and inclusive way that best serves our communities.
Polaris Talent provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.