We work at the intersection of advertising and messaging technologies to connect millions of brands to billions of fans. As part of the Advertising team, we’re paving the way for a sustainable global Spotify business that allows even more creators to make a living off their art. Come join us and help build the platform that powers promotion at Spotify.
We’re searching for a UX Writer to join our New York-based design team working on our consumer-focused advertising experience and podcast monetization strategies, partnering with the technology and product teams on our key initiatives. Someone who is passionate about developing strategies based on insights from real people, has the proficiency in their craft to turn these insights into appealingly designed products. Are you someone who is interested in examining how the Podcast listening experience and advertising exist in harmony, both helping brands to reach listeners and propelling podcast creators to make a living off of their art? Come join us!
What you’ll do
- Partner with designers, researchers, product managers, other UX writers and engineers to deliver compelling content solutions. Lead projects across the entire product lifecycle and multiple product launches. Together with these cross-functional partners, set the vision for the user experience and build the space for others to collaborate. Success will require encouraging a shared understanding of the problem space using your skills to bring people together.
- Work across consumer-facing multimodal surfaces and more technical spaces, bringing the needs of our listeners with you as you explore.
- Apply big-picture thinking to break down open-ended opportunities into meaningful next steps. Find new opportunities to build patterns and approaches across org boundaries. Connect with other UX Writers across the company to build shared viewpoints and cohesive strategies.
- Develop standards and frameworks for ads and promotions at Spotify — listening and curating, or leading and defining, as needed.
- Influence the development of your function within our Ad business and across Spotify as a whole. Promote understanding and demonstrate the value it brings to the product development process.
- Be autonomous and take ownership. Provide teams with the methods, process and solutions needed to execute strategy. Drive progress through obstacles by building consensus and making decisions - taking ownership for every last detail, every step of the way.
Who you are
- Experienced at writing or editing content for the web and mobile experiences, as a UX writer, information architect, content strategist, or similar. Experience designing for B2B and SaaS tools are big pluses.
- Bonus if you have experience in Advertising or Messaging ecosystems.
- A phenomenal communicator. You love to collaborate with lots of different functions.
- A systems-thinker who loves to build simple and elegant experiences for complex products.
- Have the skills to help set up frameworks and brainstorm initial design concepts.
- A holistic user experience problem solver that considers every facet of the user journey.
- Enjoy solving problems, big and small, for all kinds of users. Someone who constantly looks to hone your executions through user feedback.
- A specialist in your craft, but you recognize the importance of setting aside the time and space to learn and grow.
- Can provide an online portfolio, or PDF to share to help us learn about how you think and practice your craft. Please be sure to provide any necessary passwords; we can’t advance your application without them.
- Please provide a brief explanation in your application of why you are excellent for this role, while highlighting your portfolio.
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be forward-thinking! So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the chance to enjoy and be passionate about these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 345 million users.