User Research Intern
Our mission is to help people everywhere find a job and company they love. We’re transforming an entire industry through the power of transparency. As the worldwide leader in employer branding and insights, our vision is for a world where transparency holds companies accountable to strive to become better employers.
Please note this role will be remote.
Glassdoor is looking for an outstanding User Research Intern for Summer 2021. We need someone who is passionate about understanding the users of our products - what they do and why they do it! Glassdoor’s mission is to help people find jobs and companies they love. We provide invaluable information, such as company reviews, salaries, interviews, and benefits, with our open job postings. We also help companies attract and retain top talent by telling their employer brand story in their own words.
This is a remote role that will be home office-based. As an integral part of our Product Design team, you will learn about a wide range of products and users in a short period of time. The Glassdoor Product group transforms complex problems into simple, intuitive user experiences for millions of people around the world. The UX Research function supports and guides our design process by producing illuminating, meaningful insights which inform and improve our design decisions. You'll witness user-centered design in action. At each stage of the process, you will bring a curious, open mind which strives to fully understand users' perspectives and goals for each action they take. There will be many opportunities for creative problem solving!
If you want to gain professional experience in a fast-paced, iterative, and collaborative environment, we’d love to hear from you!
What you’ll do:
- Learn from an experienced UX research manager
- Seek out and identify accurate, relevant user experience data
- Carefully examine users' behaviors, words, and emotions
- Find patterns and insights from signal, and filter out the noise
- Collaborate with product designers and product managers
- Participate in the design iteration process
What you bring:
- Pursuing an undergraduate or Masters degree in the social sciences, particularly Psychology or Human Computer Interaction
- Comfort with basic workplace tools (collaboration software, file storage, messaging, and meeting tools)
- Dedication to the development of phenomenal, innovative products
- Fascination with the workplace experiences and career goals people have
- A research project which demonstrates your understanding of user sentiment and behavior with digital products
Bonus points for:
- Experience with observational data capture or analysis
- Experience with research participant study recruitment
- Experience with library science or data tagging
- Work with purpose join us in creating transparency for job seekers everywhere
- Events throughout the summer plus cool GD swag!
- Live Q&A's with leaders across the Glassdoor organization
- Workshops with recruiting pros to help build your resume and prep for future interviews
- Work on meaningful projects that can directly influence and impact Glassdoor's product roadmap and vision
- Fully-remote program
- Competitive compensation
Glassdoor is committed to equal treatment and opportunity in all aspects of recruitment, selection, and employment without regard to gender, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, disability, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other category protected under the law. Glassdoor is an equal opportunity employer; committed to a community of inclusion, and an environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.