Senior UX Researcher
Everlywell is a consumer-initiated at-home laboratory testing company with easy-to-read and actionable results. We are at the forefront of personalized health, transforming the $25B lab testing industry. Everlywell is growing rapidly and we are looking for exceptional talent to join our team. We move at a fast pace to solve problems quickly so that our customers have a rewarding experience. If this sounds like your type of environment, we are eager to speak to you!
We are looking for a passionate researcher who thrives in ambiguity, has the desire to learn and collaborate cross-functionally, and is obsessed with understanding how people think and feel. As a UX Researcher on the Product Team, you’ll explore behaviors and motivations by conducting research, using interviews, diary studies, participatory design, usability testing, and more. By applying deep research expertise across a wide range of approaches, you’ll develop an understanding of the user that will impact design across the product lifecycle. This is a critical role in ensuring our experience is useful for the Everlywell test-takers users today, and tomorrow.
What You'll Do:
- Play a key role through the product development lifecycle to support discovery, refine solutions, and identify continuous improvement opportunities that drive impact
- Work with Designers, Product Managers, Engineers and other cross-functional partners to prioritize research opportunities in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
- Uncover and negotiate team objectives to pinpoint research questions and draft research plans accordingly
- Run and manage research projects; from creating a research plan and deciding the appropriate methodology to writing the recruitment screener and discussion guide, moderation and development of findings
- Synthesize information on large scale projects to produce insightful, actionable insights
- Create, own and maintain research-based frameworks and artifacts to support and enable research and user-centered design activities. Examples of frameworks and artifacts might include, but need not be limited to: Personas, Jobs to be Done, Journeys
- Drive a user-first mindset in the organization through effective communication of research findings to stakeholders, including Engineering, Product Management, Clinical, Business, Marketing, and more.
Who You Are:
- You employ a toolkit of mixed-method research approaches, and you know how to wield different tools to solve a range of questions.
- On top of your strong general toolkit, you also have deep specialization in a few key methods or areas which make you a go-to person in the team.
- You fall in love with problems, not solutions. You’re always in search of a better, simpler, more elegant way.
- You are a champion of your users.
- You feel that people deserve to have great experiences with your products.
- You are a storyteller who delivers compelling insights and a call to action in a way that generates empathy, alignment and energy.
- You believe in a mission. You’re motivated both by the quality of your craft, but also the outcomes that you (and your teams) deliver.
- You are comfortable with ambiguity in a fluid organization. You can adapt your plans as new information is available.
- You’re a great teammate. You partner with colleagues in other disciplines to ensure that project expectations, parameters, and process are mutually understood and requirements are met. Cross-disciplinary partners include design, engineering, account management, clinical studies, manufacturing, and more!
- You’re relentlessly curious. You love thinking about technology and its impact on design solutions.
What You've Done:
- 5+ years of experience integrating user research into product development and design practices
- Experience in the healthcare industry, bonus for working with regulated medical product development
- Developed a strong understanding of the strengths and shortcomings of different research methods, including when and how to apply them during the product development process
- Developed a broad and practical range of executable research methodologies and resources – both qualitative and quantitative, remote and in-person
- Delivered actionable insights to drive B2B and B2C product development
- Nurtured strong writing, editing, and oral communication skills
- Advocated research insights to diverse audiences through various mediums
Nice to Have:
- Degree in Anthropology, Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), Human Factors, Psychology, Sociology, or a related field or equivalent practical experience
- Experience on a small team in a fast paced environment
- Expertise in usability testing software and fluency with usability heuristics
- Experience researching the intersection of physical and digital experiences
- Experience working in lean product development.
You'll Love Working Here:
- Venture backed by top-tier firms
- The opportunity ahead knows no bounds
- Open vacation policy
- Employee discounts
- Paid parental leave
- Health benefits
NO EXTERNAL RECRUITERS - INDIVIDUAL APPLICANTS ONLY
Everlywell is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in all employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, age, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
HIPAA Disclaimer: This role will be in an environment that has access to protected health information (PHI) and all security standards to protect PHI must be followed.