Apply for this job
At Instructure, we believe in the power of people to grow and succeed throughout their lives. Our goal is to amplify that power by creating intuitive products that simplify learning and personal development, facilitate meaningful relationships, and inspire people to go further in education and career. We do this by giving smart, creative, passionate people opportunities to create awesome. And that's where you come in:
We're hiring a Product Designer who is passionate about people to have an impact on our product vision and execute on it as well.
We are looking for a talented UX craftsperson with a passion for combining seamless interaction with beautiful visual design. Your work needs to be easy to navigate and comprehend, logically organized, and accessible. Your focus will be delivering the highest standard of usability and simplicity to the people we serve. In other words, we want to delight our users with an exceptional experience.
What you'll be doing:
- Working with your product and design teams, find ways to solve complex interaction and visual design problems
- Play an influential role in designing workflows for educators, students, and people that support teaching and learning
- Produce high-quality designs in a quick, iterative fashion
- Engage in user research activities with our customers
- Build prototypes for user testing
- Use and contribute to a design system to create products with consistent interactions and a shared visual language
- Collaborate with Product and Engineering to ensure the highest quality designs and functionality
Here's what you'll need to know/have:
- Self-motivated with a passion for design
- Great team player who is comfortable working in a fast-paced, highly collaborative environment
- A good understanding of design process specific to software products
- The ability to iterate rapidly
- 4+ years of UX and UI design experience/User research experience
- Understanding of the principles of universal design and accessible design
- Ability to design for experiences that look and feel native to each platform while also being consistent on both platforms
- Familiarity of user expectations and usage for mobile
- Prototyping experience (such as inVision, Figma) desired
- Experience with design systems
- Experience with responsive web design
We’ve always believed in hiring the most awesome people and treating them right. We know that the more diverse we are, the more diverse our ideas will be and when we openly welcome those ideas, our environment is better and our business is stronger.
All Instructure employees are required to successfully pass a background check upon being hired.