Associate Product Designer
What is CrowdRiff?
Great visuals tell stories that touch hearts, open minds, and even influence what we buy, eat, and do. That’s why CrowdRiff exists: to connect brands and consumers alike with the captivating imagery that makes a real impact. As a market leader in travel and tourism technology, we help get people excited to scuba dive in Tahiti, explore Napa’s wine country, and bungee jump in Queenstown.
Our team is a quirky and diverse crew that has one thing in common: our love for great visuals. Every day, we work across desks, departments and even oceans to reach our goals, and delight our customers. If you’re passionate about helping everyone see what matters, you’re just our type.
Your Role: Associate Product Designer
In this position, you'll work directly with the Senior Product Designer to elevate and optimize the user experience of CrowdRiff's visual marketing platform. You'll get hands-on experience at every stage of the design process; including generative research and concepts through to prototyping and usability testing. You can also count on mentorship from CrowdRiff's team of Product Designers and other experienced professionals. We'll be there to support you along the way.
What you'll do:
- Hone your craft at all stages of the design process; from discovery to delivery and beyond
- Work closely with our Senior Product Designer to optimize and improve our visual marketing platform's UX and visual design
- Establish, promote, and support human-centered design principles, best practices and accessibility standards
- Contribute to our component library; update existing designs and define new patterns
- Assist with UX research initiatives to test hypotheses, solve customer needs and discover business opportunities
- Uncover problems and opportunities using quantitative and qualitative data
- Present concepts and communicate design rationale to peers and stakeholders
- Translate concepts into development-ready deliverables and artifacts like wireframes, user flows and high fidelity mockups
- Collaborate with Product Managers and Developers to balance great UX with tech feasibility and business goals
- Participate in team rituals, ideation sessions and weekly design critiques
- Have a passion for egoless design and continuous learning
A Week in the Life of this Role:
- Iterating on existing features; improving usability, web accessibility and visual design
- Teaming up with the Senior Product Designer to conduct our next round of UX research to discover unmet user needs and validate hypotheses
- Planning and defining product strategy with your Product Manager
- Working with the Development Team to execute on your design concepts
- Receiving and offering constructive feedback at our design critiques (and geeking out about all things design)
- Participating in cross-team ideation sessions and workshops
- Connecting with your team during our weekly remote social hours
What you'll need:
- Experience using tools like Sketch and Figma
- Associate degree or equivalent in user experience design, human-computer interaction, or equivalent (Bootcamp grads are A-OK too!)
- 1+ year of designing and shipping responsive user experiences and products across the web
- A design portfolio demonstrating: your approach to discovering user needs and goals, exploring solutions and creating impactful experiences.
- A basic understanding of usability heuristics, information architecture and design principles
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- A collaborative working style
- Knowledge or interest in component libraries and design systems
- Knowledge or interest in web accessibility standards
- Basic understanding of HTML/CSS
- Other design proficiencies e.g., icon design, graphic design and prototyping
Nice to haves:
- Interesting, challenging work and a friendly, inclusive culture
- Generous vacation policy and unique travel-focused benefits. You’ll even be able to visit our customer destinations around the globe!
- Health Benefits (medical, dental, vision)
- Generous parental leave benefit
- Regular team-building events
- Flexible work hours
- Monthly Travel Benefit
- Weekly internal learning activities & quarterly hack events
- Excited yet? Here’s more about us … visit our website or check us out on Instagram.
CrowdRiff is an equal opportunity employer and as such does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, national origins, age, sexual orientation, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. Selection decisions are solely based on job-related factors.