ABOUT THE ROLE
Interior Define is seeking a Digital Product Designer to play a key role in expanding our brand story by joining our team.
The ideal candidate is a passionate, motivated, and self-starting designer. You are excited to work on a team focused on disrupting and leading the home furnishings industry.
You are a true Product Designer and are comfortable sitting at the intersection of design and business strategy. You don’t just make things look outstanding, you design them to increase the growth of the business. You will balance an elevated brand experience with well-researched conversion-focused e-commerce design solutions. You understand the power of UX design and can roll up your sleeves and conduct user research. Likewise, you know how to design an industry-leading and customer-facing UI.
At our core, Interior Define is a people first company. We are committed to building and empowering a team that is diverse, equitable, and inclusive across all facets of individual identity; promoting collaboration, shared learning, and contributions to our respective communities. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
- You are excited about building an innovative brand that prioritizes an elevated customer experience.
- You commit to pushing beyond “good enough” and understand the need to gain feedback often and early.
- You are detail oriented and are capable of managing the nuances of customers' needs through close coordination with our sales, operations, and marketing teams.
- You are able to present and defend your work (strong opinions, loosely held).
- You adapt to each situation quickly and are able to drive full ownership of your work.
- You jump in and you solve problems. You are able to troubleshoot quickly, but also know the right times to ask for help.
- You look for opportunities to make things better and faster (without compromising quality).
- You are customer focused. Our brand revolves around delivering an exceptional and differentiated customer experience.
- You are a team player and are capable of empathizing with others. You consider yourself to have an above average “E.Q.”
- We believe that great e-commerce design starts with understanding our customers. We always strive to prototype and test new features/experiences and put a user-centric emphasis on the entire design process.
- We define the problem and design strategy with our customers in mind (using qualitative and quantitative data).
- We research, prototype and test solutions.
- We share designs/solutions for feedback early and often.
- We execute winning designs.
- We close the loop with analysis and iterate on the process again if need be.
- As part of this team, you will be responsible for using and improving this process as the business grows.
- Given that research is such a key part of our design practice, experience with user and usability testing and research is essential. We use many prototyping, design, and testing tools so the ability to learn and work across these platforms is a requirement.
ABOUT THE CANDIDATE
- We are seeking a highly motivated individual who is excited about growth with the following credentials:
- 4+ years of digital design experience
- A deep interest in e-commerce (particularly D2C brands)
- Motivated to design with the customer firmly in mind
- Excellent taste for art and design
- Strong visual design skills (you can just as easily design a homepage hero as you can a technical interface) and an extremely detailed eye
- Track record of designing and shipping customer-facing digital products
- Willing to take risks
- Able to create compelling design systems that scale
- Understand the power of combining user data and design
- Passionate about combining quant and qual data in to the ideation and analysis phases of the design process
- Proficiency with or willingness to learn how to use analytics tools
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work cross functionality
- Ability to work closely with an engineering team
- Ability to work 1:1 with front end developers and manage projects for development
- Ability to work within a product roadmap and contribute to the creation of the same
- Resourceful and self-reliant and able to solve complex problems and processes
- Excited about learning and further defining UX/UI design standards for the business
- Self-motivated and a positive team player
- Able to project manager and become proficient in project management practices and tools
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Shopping for a sofa is one of the most important and emotional purchases anyone makes for their home. Your sofa sits in the center of your home, anchoring your space and influencing the way you interact with friends and family for years. Despite the significance of this purchase there was no brand making the experience more comfortable.
Interior Define is revolutionizing the way people shop for furniture (beginning with sofas). Through a vertical, made-to-order production approach and e-commerce focus, Interior Define crafts exceptional, customizable sofas and offers them for attainable prices. Interior Define makes customization easy: sofas can be tailored by size, fabric, configuration, leg style, and sit. Free white-glove delivery and a 100-day return policy are included with every order. Your space is unique. Your sofa should be too.
- Health benefits
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Paid parental leave
- 12 company holidays
- Monthly mental health day
- Life insurance
- Company-sponsored free lunch on Fridays
- Phone and internet stipend
- Home office setup reimbursement
- Company laptop
- 40% employee discount
- $1,000 Sofa Credit at 6 months (can be combined with employee discount). Replenished every 2 years.
- Sabbatical program after 5 years of service
- Stock options
- Incredible opportunity for rapid growth within the company
- Fun work environment and team culture. We believe every aspect of our brand including our work and culture should be as comfortable as our sofa.