Senior Product Designer
Founded by Akash Nigam, Evan Rosenbaum and Jake Adams, Genies is the world’s largest avatar technology company and driving force in the creation of digital identities that can be used across platforms. The company is setting the foundation for swift, widespread adaptation of avatars in society and culture through its internationally renowned Avatar Agency and SDK partnerships. With investors such as NEA, Breyer Capital, CAA, and Tull Investment Group, Genies is creating a network of platforms and marketplaces where virtual identities lead the way in digital communication, connection, commercialization, and monetization. To date, the technology has been used by the likes of Gucci, FritoLay, GIPHY, Offset, Justin Bieber and many more.
Genies is looking for a Senior Product Designer (UI/UX) to design experiences for the Genies app and website and for the Genies SDK in partner apps. This designer will serve as an individual contributor and will create a spectrum of design work from wireframes to visual design to UX to UI animations.
- Create experiences primarily for mobile and occasionally web
- Solve complex interaction problems across multiple platforms and devices
- Design and prototype new user experiences based on product requirements
- Guide the engineering team in implementing pixel-perfect designs
- Ensure shipped products are of outstanding visual quality
- Deliverables include high fidelity designs and documentation required for pixel perfect implementation
- Additional responsibilities may be assigned as needed
- BFA or BA degree in design related studies or equivalent experience
- Portfolio demonstrating user experience work
- Have 5+ years of professional experience as a UI/UX Designer
- Must be an expert in Figma, Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, or other design software
- Experience working on mobile apps
- Experience working on responsive web apps is a plus
- Eye for pixel-perfect design
- Affinity for consistency, typography, color use, and keen attention to subtle details
- Expert knowledge of user-centered design principles
- Ability to create high-fidelity prototypes is a plus
- Ability to explain ideas and present work
- Expertise documenting design and interaction details, visual design specs, and testing the implemented designs
- Deep understanding of pop culture and Gen Z
Applicants applying through Indeed or Glassdoor must submit their resume via our career site. We do not consider emailed resumes/applications.
Genies provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.