Senior UX Designer
Gatherly (www.gatherly.io) is a fast-growing virtual events company. Our platform hosts engaging networking events, conferences, trade shows, and more, online.
Spatial video chat is a new frontier. Gatherly is changing how people interact online, and ease of understanding is top of mind. We're looking for an expert UX designer who can strike an effective balance between aesthetics and usability while driving innovation.
This is a high-impact, high-visibility role. Your work will directly touch the hundreds of paid events we hold every month and will help define our product roadmap. With a weekly release schedule, you'll be paired with a world-class engineering team that will keep you on your toes. This is an exciting time for Gatherly—come grow with us!
What you'll be doing:
- Creating mockups and high-fidelity prototypes
- Establishing user feedback loops and regularly conducting user interviews
- Translating user research into user journeys and building wireframes specifically tailored to the problem of the moment
- Working directly with our engineers and Head of Product to bring features and enhancements to life
An ideal candidate has:
- A portfolio which includes software products that have been in production
- A core focus on user experience—we value solid UI and UX fundamentals over flashy illustrations
- Previous technical experience, or experience working directly with engineering teams
- Worked at a startup before—we value speed of execution and the ability to work on vaguely defined problems
- 3+ years of full time UI/UX experience.
- Experience with prototyping (the specific tool that you prefer doesn't matter).
- Experience in interviewing users, as well as with using user behavior analytics data to inform product decisions.
Note: This role is entirely remote. You are free to set your working hours as you see fit, but you will be expected to dedicate full time hours. Job offers are contingent on the results of a background check.