Senior UI/UX Designer
MediaLab is a media & technology company focused on acquiring and growing social, messaging and entertainment properties. We were established in 2018 and already have a killer portfolio of apps and websites. Oh, and did we mention we’re profitable and rapidly expanding? Read on to learn more about MediaLab and what makes us so special.
-MediaLab’s differentiator is Assembly, our proprietary ads SDK that connects the world’s top brands with over 80 million users each month.
-Not one but two of our properties, Amino and Kik, highlighted as two of the 'Fastest Growing Mobile Social Apps' (Andreessen Horowitz).
-Kik, another one of our awesome properties, named the ‘Most Retentive Mobile Social App’ (Andreessen Horowitz).
-Reaching 50 million people monthly, WorldstarHipHop is the 35th most visited website in the United States.
Come join an exceptionally talented team of engineers, designers, product and business builders. At MediaLab, you'll impact the growth of some of the largest social networks, messaging apps, and music platforms in the world.
HQ is located in sunny Santa Monica, California just a stone’s throw away from the ocean (with catered food!). We also have growing teams in Mexico, Argentina, Brazil, Colombia & all across Latin America. Join us!
Your role at MediaLab
We are looking for an experienced and talented UI/UX Designer to join one of our properties and work closely with the Product Owner and team to translate a vision into a product.
Note: Location is flexible & we are happy to support remote employees.
What You'll Do
- Create polished, visually appealing, accessible, consistent and distinct UI/UX for mobile and Web
- Create consistent and adaptable designs for multiple platforms
- Apply usability design principles, UCD and color theory to your designs
- Design around platform limitations, optimize the performance of your designs and implement interfaces
- Collect feedback from users to be used in the design process
- Create wireframes, visual design guides and user flows
- Present designs and ideas to stakeholders
- Partner with the Product Owner and Data Scientist to create UI/UX AB tests to validate designs
- Prototype interactive mobile and/or web experiences
What We're Searching For
- Strong visual design skills and passion for interaction design
- Knowledge and interest in usability and freemium best-practices
- Experience working in an agile project environment with distributed teams
- Ability to think at a high level about product strategy
- Experience designing and solving for mobile application
- A portfolio showcasing your work and strong web/mobile design skills
- Proficiency in Figma, Sketch, Illustrator, Photoshop, CSS and/or other design tools
Why You'll Love It Here:
-Medical, Dental, Vision- 100% premiums covered
-Unlimited vacation policy. We don’t count days
-Fun perks: open office, dog-friendly, unlimited snacks, and monthly catered lunches
-Build your own hardware stack, whatever you need to get your job done
MediaLab is a fast growing tech company rolling up mobile applications in the user generated content space including WorldStarHipHop, Kik, and Amino. It is also quickly becoming a leader in Programmatic Ads, a $60 billion a year industry in the US and projected to grow to $80 billion by 2021. The company’s Ad Platform allows applications using it to outperform the market by 30% on avg.
At MediaLab, we rely on a range of backgrounds, experiences, and ideas. We value diversity, and we’re proud to be an inclusive, equal opportunity workplace.