What started as the result of a hackathon in 2014 is now the world’s #1 Instagram marketing platform. Later was built on the idea that social media management should be easy, quick, and affordable. Six years and hundred thousand users later, we’re still going strong.
We’re looking for people who can help us build something great for our customers—from content writers, designers to developers. So if you’re the kind of person who really cares about making something meaningful, then keep reading.
Our core cultural values are manifested in our practices and processes every day. We highly value transparency and fairness in everything we do. We look for people who like to move quickly, are ambitious yet humble and have a great sense of humour. If you have a mischievous spark of fun, that’s even better.
We are currently looking for an experienced User Experience Designer. The successful candidate will play a role in developing UX Design as a member of the Product team.
You will focus on optimizing our existing functionality and integrating it with third-parties, before moving on to other areas over time.
You are self-motivated, highly-organized, analytical, and persuasive, with the ability to work in a fast-paced work environment.
- Identify design problems before design
- Ability to achieve business objectives, to make tradeoffs and deliver impactful user experience to Later customers
- Focus on UX onboarding to ensure new customers find values in using Later
- Document UX flows and processes and provide recommendations where appropriate
- Create wireframes based on data and / or research and requirement specs
- Experience with A/B testing and comfort using data to inform design decision
- Show the value of UX through measurable metrics (analytics, conversions, customer satisfaction, and so on)
- Present your work with confidence and ready to explain the whys
- Assist in running design meeting and document action items
What we are looking for:
- Need to Haves:
- 4 years plus of product design experience (web, mobile app, SaSS)
- Proven ability to distill complex problems & workflows down into simple, intuitive designs
- Understanding of user-centered design principles, methodologies, best practices and approaches
- Strong proficiency with Figma, Proto.io and prototyping tools
- Familiar with data tracking tool (we use Amplitude) to inform design decisions
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) as you will be collaborating cross-functionally with teams in different sizes
- Nice to Haves:
- Background in Psychology and/or HCI
- Experience with E-commerce, especially for SMBs, is a bonus
- Enthusiasm for visual storytelling
- A good understanding of typography and visual design principles
Salary Range: $83,000 - $90,000
Later is proudly founded and based in Vancouver. We pleased to offer all our employees a competitive salary, a chance to participate in the success of the company through equity, medical and dental benefits and a wellness program.
Product and Development roles are based out of our Vancouver headquarters. If you are not located in Vancouver, but interested in relocating for the role let us know!
How to Apply: If you’d like to work with us, please submit your resume, cover letter, and any links showcasing your skill set through this posting. This is the best place to submit your application for it to be reviewed by our team.
Later does not work with recruitment agencies to fill open positions. We will not be accepting requests to work with agencies.
A generous Education & Conference Budget
Health Savings Plan
Flexible Hours & Work Schedule
Annual Company Retreat
Vacation & Sick Days
Bright, spacious, and modern office, 5 rooftop patios with amazing city views
People & Places (HR), Product, and Development roles are based out of our Vancouver headquarters. If you are not located in Vancouver, but interested in relocating for the role let us know!
Whereas, roles on our Marketing and Customer Experience teams are open to remote candidates based out of Toronto and London, UK, in addition to working out of our Vancouver headquarters.
Note about applying:
This is the best place to submit your application for it to be reviewed by our team. Later does not work with recruitment agencies to fill open positions. We will not be accepting requests to work with agencies.