Xendit is an Indonesian fintech company that provides payment infrastructure across Southeast Asia. Xendit processes payments, runs marketplaces, disburses payroll and loans, detects fraud and helps other businesses grow exponentially. We serve these companies by providing a suite of world-class APIs and a dashboard UI that simplifies processes.
Our main focus is to build the most advanced payment rails for South-east Asia, with a clear goal in mind — to make payments in South-east Asia simple, secure and easy for everyone. We currently serve SMEs to some of the region’s largest tech startups and also giant-sized businesses like Samsung. We process millions of transactions monthly, growing 8% month on month for the last 3 years. We are trusted and backed by some of the largest VCs in the world, who invested in Facebook, Slack, Twitch and Grab, and are alumni of the prestigious YCombinator (S15).
Craft engaging and clear content that humanizes our products, empowering our customers to adopt them for their business operations
Xendit is an Indonesian fintech company that provides payment infrastructure across Indonesia. Xendit processes payments, runs marketplaces, disburses payroll and loans, detects fraud and helps other businesses grow exponentially. We serve these companies by providing a suite of world-class APIs, eCommerce platform integrations, and easy to use applications for individual entrepreneurs, SMBs, and enterprises alike.
Our main focus is to build the most advanced payment rails for South East Asia, with a clear goal in mind — to make payments in Indonesia simple, secure and easy for everyone. We currently serve local SMEs to some of Indonesia’s largest tech startups and also giant-sized businesses like Samsung. We process millions of transactions monthly, growing 8% month on month for the last 4 years. We are trusted and backed by some of the largest VCs in the world, who invested in Facebook, Slack, Twitch and Grab, and are alumni of the prestigious YCombinator (S15).
As a UX Writer at Xendit:
- Each day is a new opportunity for you to flex your problem-solving and storytelling skills as you work on creating content that will make payments easier.
- You will collaborate closely with different product teams across the organization and be a part of their success.
- Use an iterative user-centered design process, which is thoughtfully guided by research and data. As a tight-knit group, we also have an open and curiosity-driven design culture that encourages feedback, forming fellowship with other creative minds, and growing professionally as UX designers, researchers, and writers.
Create narrative and imbue storytelling to our overall product ecosystem, ensuring every touch point is easily understandable and engaging to our customers
- Partner with product teams (PMs, designers and researchers) to create holistic, delightful and cohesive product narratives across multiple products, platforms, and touch points.
- Participate or lead user research, design sprints, usability testing, and customer journey workshops as part of copywriting process and testing specifications and to help product teams do customer discovery
- Craft content in multiple formats (email engagement, notification, web and mobile apps) that is aligned to brand guidelines, product context, and adheres to tech specifications.
- Develop content strategy that is backed up with research, contextual understanding on our customers, and aligned to business and product outcomes.
- Liaise with engineers during copy implementation to ensure the designed copy is completed and implemented accurately
- Develop UX writing guidelines and principles to ensure the consistency of our communication approach and tone of voice.
- Help our product teams capture and share their learnings across teams to continually refine and iterate our features
- Do whatever it takes to make Xendit succeed
You may be a good fit if you
- Have at least 3 years of experience in a UX content writing role
- Fluent in Bahasa Indonesia and English, strong knowledge on Indonesian culture and local lingo are highly preferred
- Have a strong sense of storytelling and user empathy, able to create engaging content that intuitively guides user to navigate their way around our digital products, services, and functions within the platform to help them complete the task at hand
- Able to reflect cultural nuances in your writing - people enjoy reading what you write!
- Have a wide range of versatility: you are able to write to diverse target audiences, are highly adaptive in switching copy styles in accordance with the product’s goals and format
- Have knowledge or experience in design research: conducting research to develop content strategy, testing prototype’s understandability, analyze content, UI performance results and user feedback and turning insights into actionable improvements
- Experienced in presenting your work and justifying your decisions with research, data and logical rationale to multiple stakeholders
- Experienced (or at least keen to) in advocating the values of research and user-centric design methodologies, by reframing business problems with a design approach, and demonstrating positive business outcomes resulting from good user experience
- Speed to good quality output: Able to translate goals and expectations to requirements, turning research insights into direction for content strategy, creating content for different products within a reasonable timeframe
- Are a self-starter, thrive on autonomy and have proven you can push towards a goal by yourself, and execute well under pressure
- Communicate well across teams and have the ability to work in a collaborative and fast-changing environment, in a team and individually.
- Worked in the Financial Services sector or understand how payments work
- A background or educational qualifications in Human-Centred Design / Interaction Design
- Worked for a high growth start-up before
- Solve for the customer first: You build what customers want. You think about what is right for customers, not what is easiest for you
- Demonstrate mastery of honey badgery: You make ambitious goals. Then execute…no matter what stands in the way. When knocked down, you get up
- Take on challenges willingly and can be trusted to execute: You can be trusted to get things done right the first time quickly. You hit your deadlines
- You’re like us: You smile a lot, think work is fun and don’t take yourself too seriously. You measure yourself against the best and believe feedback is the breakfast of champions. You follow the golden rule.
- You’re remarkable: People naturally talk about how awesome you are. If we can’t find someone who raves about you then it’s unlikely we will too.