At Pachyderm, we're building an open-source enterprise-grade data science platform that lets you deploy and manage multi-stage, language-agnostic data pipelines while maintaining complete reproducibility and provenance. Our system, developed with open source roots, shifts the paradigm of data science workflows by providing reproducibility, data provenance, and opportunity for true collaboration. Pachyderm utilizes modern technologies like Docker and Kubernetes to build an entirely new method of analyzing data. Offered both as an in-house solution as well as hosted-service, Pachyderm brings together version-control for data with the tools to build scalable end-to-end ML/AI pipelines while empowering users to use any language, framework, or tool they want. If you want to learn more about our grand vision, read what has become our "manifesto."
Pachyderm is a rapidly growing, early-stage company funded by the top VC’s — Benchmark, Decibel, M12, and YCombinator. Like many modern companies, Pachyderm embraces a “Remote-first” approach to growing our team. It gives us a huge advantage in hiring top talent and diverse talent across the country while giving our team members the flexibility to work from anywhere.
Pachyderm is hiring for a senior UI/UX and visual designer to be part of our design team and work closely with our product team. We believe that enterprise tools should be as beautiful and easy to use as the world's best-designed websites.
We're building a hosted SaaS (Pachyderm Hub) version of our OSS product and Pachyderm's enterprise UI/UX to build task workflows and experiences. The small team will help create the foundation for Pachyderm's visual and brand identity. You identify strongly as a UX designer and have the ability to dive deep into technical concepts related to data science and/or infrastructure.
You'll be required to produce visual designs that motivate and guide our customers’ workflows through our app.
While your primary focus will be working on the product, you’ll also have direct exposure to Open Source users, enterprise customers, and Hub users. At Pachyderm, open-source user and customer feedback are major drivers of our product roadmap and we believe that everyone within the company should experience that first-hand.
The long and short of it is, if you're looking to make a big impact, on a small team, that delivers an enterprise-grade product, then this role is for you.
We offer significant equity, full benefits, and all the usual startup perks.
- 3+ years experience designing and implementing an enterprise UI/UX (B2B product preferable)
- Demonstrated ability to distill complex technical/infrastructure concepts into elegant product designs
- Expert skills in design and prototyping applications such as Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, and InVision
- Familiarity with interface elements, states, and transitions, and how to style and define them to enhance user experience.
- Experience with creating and managing an evolving design system as our product evolves.
- Ability to plan and estimate tasks and then execute efficiently
- Must have strong communication skills when talking about technical concepts. As a product owner, you’ll need to be able to distill complex design decisions both internally and externally
- You will be comfortable with ambiguity and thrive in the fast-paced, high growth companies
- Bonus if you have experience creating data visualizations