Rocket Communications is currently reviewing resumes and portfolios for a qualified UX Designer to join the Rocket team!
The UX Designer will be responsible collaborating with the Design team to create complex interactive experiences and world class solutions for business applications and software interfaces.
• You are able to create complex, interactive experiences for business applications and software interfaces.
• You have an understanding of all phases of the design process, including, but not limited to research, interaction design, development, and visual design.
• You have an understanding of the software services and product eco-systems design and development process for web applications, mobile platforms, and desktop platforms.
• You have strong inter-personal, written, and oral communication skills with impeccable responsiveness and follow-through on details.
• You are organized and detail-oriented with the ability to work in a fast paced and rapidly changing work environment.
• You have the ability to work with eclectic, multi-disciplinary teams and team members with diverse backgrounds and personalities
• You have strong analytical, problems-solving skills with the ability to prioritize tasks
• 5+ years experience working in UX/UI Design.
• Bachelor’s Degree or work experience equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree, preferred
• Competent in at least one aspect of UX Design and proficient experience in a second aspect of UX Design.
• Experience adhering to style standards on fonts, colors, images, accessibility, and following visual design guidelines
• Business, research, and technical writing
• Experience creating human centered design.
• Understanding of government and enterprise work.
• Ability to obtain security clearance.
• Past experience working on a remote team.
• Experience working with Jira or another Agile software.
• Experience working with Sketch or Abstract.
• Live in Colorado, extra bonus points if you live in Colorado Springs.
Top 5 Reasons to Work at Rocket
You Want to Win. This is an opportunity to be part of a bold UX company that is making a big difference in user interface design. We want to continue our adoption rate in the commercial and space verticals. Each project is challenging work with an overall team goal for success.
You Want to Learn. From our executive leadership on down, we're constantly improving our craft and getting better at what we do. We want our staff to become ten times more effective within 4 years from the day they joined the Rocket team.
You Care. Increasing productivity by making complicated apps easy to use is in your blood. You are good at what you do and want to make a difference using your skills and knowledge about UX design. Our mission speaks to you, and you're yearning for a workplace filled with people who put impact first.
We Care. Rocket takes care of its staff. Not just with good pay and benefits, but with the understanding that you are a whole person whose life experiences and family responsibilities are a part of what makes you great at what you do. A remote, flexible, outcome-focused workforce is part of our DNA.
You Want a Team. Not just a group of people who work together. You want a team where co-workers support each other. We're high-impact and low-ego. As a Rocket team member, you'll work hard, learn every day, laugh and connect with your team as we grow together. And be respected for the whole, real person you are.
• Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
• Employer Sponsored and Voluntary Supplemental Benefits
• 401k Retirement Savings Plan with Company Match
• Health and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
• Paid Time Off and Floating Holidays
• Paid Holidays
• Paid Parental Leave
• Employee Assistance Program
• Financial Fitness Program
• Remote Work Allowance
• TSA Pre-Check Allowance
Compensation Your actual pay for this role will be based on your skills, experience, and location.
Affirmative Action & EEO Statement
Rocket Communications is committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis including, but not limited to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, marital status, medical conditions, or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.
Please note this job posting is not designed to contain every activity, duty, or responsibility that is required of this position.