As an industry leader and Software-as-a-Service provider our mission at 8x8, Inc. (NYSE:EGHT) is to transform the future of business communications. The 8x8 Open Communications Platform (TM) uniquely brings together Voice, Video, Collaboration, Contact Center, and enterprise-class API solutions, helping businesses across the globe transform their customer and employee experience, and empowering workforces worldwide to work smarter.
As a UX Writer, you’ll regularly use craft, empathy, logic, and data to inform writing and design choices. Ideal person would be a stellar writer with an eagle eye and a good ear for natural-sounding prose. You’ll build on an existing body of work while establishing the UX writing discipline at 8x8.
· Use writing and editing skills to write user interface text that facilitates user navigation, as well on-boarding, promos, error messages, instructional materials, and other components of the end-to-end user experience.
· Drive vision for product language and content across a product or subject matter domain, and ensure cohesive product narratives. Document your strategies with guidelines and establish best practices and strategy principles.
· Collaborate with designers, researchers, legal, marketing, product managers, and engineers. Influence and adapt to stakeholders and their feedback.
· Educate cross-functional partners on the role of UX writing and content strategy throughout the product development process.
· 3+ years of experience in UX writing, product content strategy, and/or content design.
· Experience developing information architecture for complex documentation sets or product suites.
· Experience with localization and accessibility best practices.
· Has excellent writing and editing skills; can make text short and friendly without sacrificing grammar and quality.
· Can articulate the reasoning behind copy choices.
· Knowledge of online technology and related products, including web and mobile UI and tools.
· Leans into a big-picture mindset that considers not just copy but the entire user experience.
· Has experience contributing to UX writing style guides (not required but a plus).
· Ability to lead, collaborate and influence (with and without formal authority) engineering, design and product management teams.
· Minimum 5yrs of experience needed in related technologies.
· Bachelor's degree in English, Communications, Journalism, Technical Writing, UX, HCI, or equivalent practical experience.
· Experience on user-focused product writing including work in hardware, software, digital agency, or other relevant product area.
· Experience in shaping content for multi-disciplinary projects.
8x8 is proud to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
For 8x8 jobs located in the US: 8x8 participates in the E-Verify program.
We also provide reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. Learn more or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org (Include “Reasonable Accommodation” in the subject line)
For European Job Applicants our Job Applicant Privacy Notice can be found here.