FundApps is a bootstrapped SaaS scaleup that helps investment managers monitor and comply with worldwide regulations. We were one of the world's first "RegTechs" and we're shaking up an entire industry. Our client's love what we do (Net Promoter Scores of over 50) and this has lead to phenomenal and consistent revenue growth. We've won multiple accolades from organisations such as Wired, The Financial Technologist, World Economic Forum and Deloitte. We have a stellar list of high-profile clients, including 3 of the world's 10 largest hedge funds.
Our first area of focus was to help managers with Shareholding Disclosure, a complex regulatory problem without a decent solution in the market. We were first to licence legal information from aosphere, an affiliate of Allen & Overy, which underpins some of our rule packages. Since that time, our product has become the undisputed market leader for the management of Shareholding Disclosure. We have also added new ground-breaking services - Sensitive Industries and Position Limits - and in 2020, introduced Rapportr to make reporting simple for our clients.
We're a small team (currently ca. 70 people) of smart, friendly people with 30 nationalities at last count. We have offices in London, New York and Singapore and employees spread across the globe. In 2018, we became a Certified B Corporation and in 2019 were recognised as a B Corp 'Best for the World' Honouree - highlighting our commitment to doing good by our people, the environment and the community.
We hate grey, old, boring, enterprise software that doesn't work properly and came of age in the early 90s. Users spend their working days in our service and they deserve better than an archaic user interface prone to making ones eyes bleed.
We take our work seriously, but like to put the fun into funds (cheesy, we know!). Like the snazzy lining of a Paul Smith blazer, we like a show of colour and a flash of style. We also work quickly. Yes, we think in terms of outcomes and hate feature factories, but we avoid the ivory towers of UX academia and prefer to GSD.
So, if you want to work on products that support nearly a quarter of global assets under management for premier asset managers, pension fund and banks whilst having a bit of fun and pushing the boundaries of B2B design, let's chat! But if you're one to dread making decisions or don't realise that good design is about shipping intuitive working software that delivers value, you're probably not going to enjoy FundApps.
What you'll be working on
- Critically evaluating and improving customer workflows
- Championing the design philosophy that perfection is not achieved when there is nothing left to add but nothing left to take away
- Working with Product, Client Services, Content and Engineering teams across the globe to develop new features, discover new opportunities and solve our client pain points
- Own and drive the end-to-end product design using Shape-Up as a development methodology
- Interaction design and visual interface design
- Designing and contributing to FundApps design system and style guide
What you'll bring to the team
- You have demonstrable experience in UX/UI design in a B2B or enterprise SaaS product environment
- You understand the importance of UX and customer research but can draw the line and focus on helping customers make progress by delivering working software
- You have a track record of managing multiple projects and work effectively across product and developer teams
- You know the risks of Build Design up Front and avoid it preferring to work with delivery teams to GSD
- You can identify a valuable fuzzy idea and not let go of it until it becomes clear with fastidious attention to detail
- You have the ability and drive to visualise concrete solutions, often sketching ideas ‘whiteboard marker in hand’
- You have familiarity and knowledge of HTML, CSS and React - Whilst you will not need to code, familiarity in this area will help daily communication with our developer team.
We don't expect you to tick every box; if you get warm fuzzy feelings about what we're trying to achieve at FundApps, then we want to hear from you!
NOTE: Covid-19 has taken us out of our offices so we'll be running our recruitment and onboarding process virtually.
Life at FundApps
💰 Matched pension contribution up to 10%
🕐 Flexible working - Choose a work from home/office arrangement that suits you
👶 26 weeks leave for all new parents regardless of gender, location or family structure
🎓 £1,000 learning budget each year and unlimited professional development leave
💚 Wellbeing benefits such as private health insurance, a flexible stipend, mental health coaching and a Headspace subscription
💰 Peer micro-bonuses through Bonusly
🚢 25 days holiday leave + an extra day next year if you use it all
❤️ Unlimited volunteering leave
🎁 Birthday off
😷 Unlimited sick and compassionate leave
🚴 Cycle to work & tech schemes
💡 Peer-led ‘Brown-bag lunch’ learning sessions
We are proud of the diversity of all FundAppers - it makes us strong. You will find flexibility around religious observances, our national flags all around the office, a monthly ‘Laydeez who lunch’ and a Pride celebration with some epic Cher and RuPaul playlists! If you’re looking for a workplace where you can just be yourself, you’re in the right place.