Apply for this job
In the last nine years, Prodigy Education has grown from 3,000 local users to more than 100 million registered users worldwide. As one of the fastest-growing ed-tech startups in North America with global impact, Prodigy connects students, parents, teachers, and school districts with resources that promote a lifelong love of learning. Anyone with an internet connection is welcome to create a free account for its renowned Math Game and try an effective and engaging math platform for grades 1 to 8. For more information visit www.prodigygame.com, or @ProdigyGame on Twitter.
At Prodigy Education, we have an incredible team that works tirelessly to turn our goal of making education a human right into a reality. We are immensely grateful for our amazing team and all they do every day. We welcome people who share our passion to join our team, where you will have the opportunity to help an entire generation of students to LOVE learning.
Our passion is our mission - to help every student in the world love learning!
Please note: During the Covid-19 pandemic, in order to keep all our candidates safe, Prodigy is hiring and on-boarding 100% remotely for the time being.
- We are looking for a Director of User Research to refine and inspire the role of Research across Prodigy Education. You will have an opportunity to influence important decisions on several of our products, including a world-class math game. You will partner with Design, Product, and Data leaders to provide the insights necessary to create the best experiences for our users (teachers, parents, and kids). You will engage with executive leaders across the organization to provide research insights, recommendations and translate long-term strategy into operational goals.
- Define and own the user research vision and roadmap, drive research priorities and contribute to delivering compelling product experiences
- Work closely with design and product management teams to prioritize research opportunities in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Build a scalable, sustainable system for measuring and tracking user experience quality on our UX across releases to continually measure improvement and opportunities
- Build, manage, coach, and inspire a world-class team of researchers composed of individuals with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and skills
- Guide research activities to define current customer pain points and map ideal future experiences
- Develop research strategies and manage/prioritize research backlogs based on current priorities
- Act as a repository of research-based usability knowledge for the organization
- Facilitate research through collection, analysis and producing insights to lead the team towards user outcomes
- Help define product requirements and understand user workflows to assist design and product teams in iterating through product discovery
- Collaborate closely with designers, engineers, product managers, and other disciplines to design, implement, and track the success of projects
- Prepare recommendations and deliver presentations to influence and guide key stakeholders to better understand
Who You Are:
- Degree in Psychology, Cognitive Science, Human-Computer Interaction, Design, Human Factors, Anthropology, a related field or the equivalent experience preferred
- 8+ years of research experience, 5+ years managing a research team, demonstrating:
- Experience building and retaining high performing teams that include both managers and individual contributors
- Experience in a wide range of quantitative and qualitative methodologies.
- Impact on company level product and business strategy through research insights
- Passion for learning about people, their motivations, and their behaviours
- Broad experience in conducting qualitative research with a clear understanding of various qualitative research methodologies
- Familiar with quantitative research methods, comfortable with metrics and A/B tests, able to synthesize quantitative data with qualitative user research
- Ability to create, pitch, and execute generative and evaluative research approaches
- Technically proficient with design research methods, techniques, and tools
Bonus Points For:
- Experience conducting research with young children
- Experience conducting remote research
- Experience in education and/or gaming industries
What We Offer:
- The opportunity to build a career of value and witness first hand the impact Prodigy has as the most engaging math platform in the world!
- A culture of transparency, where team members are involved in important conversations
- No micromanaging here! We believe in our employees skills and abilities, we encourage you to bring new innovative ideas to your team
- Full health benefits from day one (1) for you and your family, fully covered! Nothing is ever taken off your pay cheque
- We are a profitable company, with eligibility to participate in stock options for all employees
- Late or early riser? We understand! We offer flexible working hours that allow you to schedule your 8 hour day with a bit more flexibility. We do have core office hours, to ensure team members can be present for important meetings and department needs. Our core office hours are 10:30am - 3:00pm
- Virtual trivia
- Zoom meditation, stretching, and fitness sessions
- Daily remote challenges via Slack
- Virtual “Prodigy Prepares” cooking series featuring our very own employees!
- Remote work employee budget for things like home office equipment etc.
- Feel like a different work environment? Work from home 1x a week!
- Team building events that not only include you as a Prodigy employee, but your significant other and children as well
- Company pizza lunch every second week for ‘All Hands’, where we discuss important Prodigy milestones
- Do you need some fun to help break up your day? We have that covered! Join in some Ping Pong games, Smash Bros competitions or board games!
While we operate 100% remotely for the time being, our company culture and values remain at the core of everything we do. We are offering a number of remote-friendly activities such as:
When this pandemic comes to an end and it is safe to be back in the office. Here's a glimpse into what you can expect:
Come as you are. We believe the power of our collective potential will transform education. We are building towards a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace to empower and create access and opportunity for all. We welcome applications from people from all underrepresented groups, including (but not limited to) people of any gender, age, or religion, members of the LGBTQIA2+ community, BIPOC and other underrepresented races and nationalities, people with disabilities, veterans, and anyone who may contribute to the further diversification of Prodigy Education.
If you feel like you don’t have all the qualifications for this position, and are willing to use your initiative to learn the rest, we’d still love for you to apply!
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA). Prodigy Game will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.