Senior UX Researcher
At Teachers Pay Teachers (TpT), we’re unlocking the power of educator-created content. TpT gives educators access to a trusted, one-of-a-kind community. We are the world’s first marketplace of our kind and founded by a teacher, for teachers as the go-to platform for teacher-created content for nearly 15 years. We are currently serving more than 7.5 million users and more than 85% of U.S. teachers. TpT is focused on building the next generation of e-learning experiences for millions of students and teachers across the world. If you haven’t heard of TpT yet and want to learn more, just ask any teacher!
Who we are looking for:
We’re a team of good people doing great things. We listen first. We love our work. And we are all teachers and learners in whatever we do. We believe that productivity is never an accident. It’s the result of a commitment to excellence, intelligent planning, passionate teamwork, and focused effort. We want every day to be fun and to matter.
As a Senior UX Researcher at TpT, your role is to provide answers to the most challenging questions in the product’s design. You will reveal what teachers need from our products by conducting both strategic and tactical research, exploring user behavior and motivation, and working with the Product Design, Product Management, and Product Development (engineers) departments in developing new products. You are responsible for identifying research needs, and spearheading the planning and conducting of user research at every stage of the product’s lifecycle.
- Own research projects for one or more areas that are broad in nature, usually requiring discretion or creativity
- Plan and execute medium- to high-complexity research at the product pod level with minimal guidance
- Suggest appropriate mix of short- and long-term research projects, receiving some guidance on prioritization of research questions
- Take the data and the findings and turn them into insights and actionable recommendations that will drive good results for the business and for product design.
- Own the communication of research findings for their product space, using appropriate format, tone, and level of detail for the audience
- Partner effectively and transparently across job functions within the immediate pod, and provide input into product pod-level goals
- Independently learn, improve, and build new methodology skills.
- Be a strong and vocal user advocate.
Qualities of a successful candidate:
- Strong knowledge of both qualitative and quantitative research methods and how to combine them
- Expertise in at least one user or design research methodology and experience (proficient) with multiple others (e.g., individual and group interviews, diary studies, survey design, direct observation, think-aloud usability testing, statistical concept, etc.)
- Basic quantitative survey design and statistical analysis skills
- Experience navigating ambiguity, and the ability to assess a project’s scope, determine appropriate research questions, and identify appropriate research methods for medium- to high-complexity problems.
- Strong analytical, and synthesis skills with a proven ability to turn research results into product insights
- Strong at storytelling and communicating user research findings with cross-functional partners to influence others and drive both strategic and tactical impact.
- Track record of collaborating across disciplines (design, engineering, data science) to drive change into products.
- A degree in human-computer interaction, cognitive psychology, behavioral science, or related field, or equivalent relevant product research experience.
- 4+ years of experience in a similar role as UX Researcher
- Experience in the education space
- Experience establishing and analyzing UX metrics
Benefits & Perks:
At TpT, we believe the positive experience of employees is essential to growth, both individually and collectively. To achieve our mission of ‘Empowering Educators to Teach at Their Best,’ we must also empower the members of our TpT Team to work at their best. To that end, two of our core company values are “We Learn and Grow Together” and “We Enjoy the Journey.” We’ve committed to these values and to our employees through investing in added benefits and perks:
- Comprehensive Medical, Vision & Dental Benefits
- Free Telemedicine Membership - 24/7 access to trusted medical advisors
- Generous PTO and Wellness Days
- 5 Week “Recharge Leave” after 5 Years, to refresh and celebrate the impact you’ve had at TpT
- Generous Parental Leave (for new mothers and fathers) for time to adjust to parenthood, plus additional six weeks for birth mothers
- Onsite Mother’s Room
- ‘Employee Resource Groups’ (ERGs) to promote employee inclusivity and belonging
- Engineering Learning Fridays (ELF), to provide a space each week for Engineering teams to collaborate and learn from each other
- ‘Professional Development’ Stipend, to support the professional growth of employees (including - but not limited to - subscriptions, books, lectures, etc.)
- Annual Company Events (Camp TpT, Field Day, Hackathons, Holiday Party, Summer Picnic, Classroom Visits, etc.)
Here at TpT we value Diversity & Inclusion and encourage people to bring their most authentic selves to work. We cultivate an environment where people are recognized and celebrated for their individuality.
Any TpT applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the interview process should contact the TpT People Ops Team (email@example.com) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Finally, if you’re a California resident, California law requires that we provide you notice about the collection and use of your personal information. We encourage you to read it carefully. You can find our full notice here.