Senior UX Researcher
ABOUT FANDUEL GROUP
FanDuel Group is a world-class team of brands and products all built with one goal in mind — to give fans new and innovative ways to interact with their favourite games, sports, teams, and leagues. That’s no easy task, which is why we’re so dedicated to building a winning team. And make no mistake, we are here to win, but we believe in winning right. That means we’ll never compromise when it comes to looking out for our teammates. From our many opportunities for professional development to our generous insurance and paid leave policies, we’re committed to making sure our employees get as much out of FanDuel as we ask them to give.
FanDuel Group is based in New York, with offices in California, New Jersey, Florida, Oregon and Scotland. Our brands include:
- FanDuel — A game-changing real-money fantasy sports app
- FanDuel Sportsbook — America’s #1 sports betting app
- TVG — The best-in-class horse racing TV/media network and betting platform
- FanDuel Racing — A horse racing app built for the average sports fan
- FanDuel Casino & Betfair Casino — Fan-favorite online casino apps
- FOX Bet — A world-class betting platform and affiliate of FanDuel Group
- PokerStars — The premier online poker product and affiliate of FanDuel Group
We’re looking for a Senior UX Researcher to join our UX & Design team in New York City, working on our Fantasy product.
What you’ll do
You’ll be part of the design team for our pioneering daily fantasy sports product in America. Joining a fast growing UX & Design team, working on innovative new features and building upon the existing experiences that our customers love, maintaining our best-in-class status.
You’ll use qualitative & quantitative research techniques to understand our users, champion the customer by being their voice within the company, and work with teams across the organisation to share insights and enable us to create engaging user experiences. You’ll work on the important here-and-now projects being delivered, as well as some exciting future thinking projects.
You’ll lead team projects and goals with wide scope and ambiguity, and educate the team and stakeholders on UX & Design best practices. You’ll move forward projects with a high level of autonomy. You’ll receive assignments in the form of objectives and works on solutions to meet schedules and goals.
You’ll develop new approaches for tackling a problem, using known methods and anticipating problems.
You’ll lead and facilitate meetings and sessions, and contribute to team meetings. You’ll be heavily involved in hiring and onboarding new people to the team. You’ll receives coaching in technical and behavioural skills and coach less experienced team members in technical skills.
What you bring
A minimum of 5+ years of post-graduate experience working in a UX Research or a similar role is required.
You’re an experienced professional who’s contributed to multiple projects on multiple shipped products and demonstrated the relevant behaviours and functional knowledge during those projects. You understand the best practices of hiring and have a solid foundation of a professional network.
You can use your wide-ranging experience to create novel yet implementable research plans to solve complex issues. Your work is high quality and sets the standard for UX research. You stay at the very forefront of the field and on top of the newest tools and methodologies. You’re aware of Information Architecture theory. You work with product roadmaps to plan advance research and identify gaps in user knowledge as it relates to new features or improvements and have worked closely with related disciplines on research strategies for complicated studies. You have a focus on educating colleagues on UX research practices and methodologies.
You can clearly communicate rationale to partners and have developed persuasion techniques.
What to include in your application
- Your resume and any extra info that’s relevant
- At least one case study of a real world project. We want to see how you tackle a digital product/UX research problem and turn insights into actions. If you have a portfolio with multiple case studies is better. Demonstrate your qualitative research skills, product thinking, process, and communication skills. If you can’t share a case study with us, please let us know why so we can work something out.
- Any online profiles like Dribbble, Behance, Codepen, or others that you think we should see.
What you’ll get
Beyond working with such a great team? We’re serious about career development at FanDuel. Your manager will help you set development goals and use our designer-specific career framework to grow over time, whether you see your future as an individual contributor or a people manager. All our managers have a focus on continuous development and a drive to help you reach your potential, with in-house training and a development budget.
- Inclusive and collaborative colleagues who value and respect each other.
- An autonomous environment where you are empowered to make decisions in an environment where it’s safe to get it wrong every once in a while.
- Hall of fame benefits including programs that allow you to share in our success.
- Flexible working and holidays to let you refuel as and when it suits you.
FanDuel Group is an equal opportunities employer. Diversity and inclusion in FanDuel means that we respect and value everyone as individuals. We don't tolerate bias, judgement or harassment. Our focus is on developing employees so that they reach their full potential.