You want to work for a fast-paced company that thinks big and dreams huge. You are driven, view work as more than just a job, and are never satisfied with a project left half-done. You have a strong sense of personal ownership and responsibility for completion of objectives on time. You want to figure out why things tick which makes you tick but very little ticks you off. You want to think outside of the box and continually challenge your own limits, as well as those around you. You have a mad scientist mentality where you want to be part of the robots building robots revolution.
Attabotics is the world’s first 3D robotics supply chain system for modern commerce. Inspired by the framework of ant colonies, Attabotics replaces the rows and aisles of traditional fulfillment centers with a patented storage structure and robotics shuttles that utilize both horizontal and vertical space, reducing a company’s warehouse needs by 85%. By empowering retailers to place fulfillment centers near high-density urban areas, Attabotics helps create jobs and decrease carbon emissions by closing the last-mile delivery gap. A TIME Magazine Most Innovative Company special mention, CNBC Disruptor, and one of Fast Company’s world’s 50 most innovative companies. Attabotics has been adopted by major brands including luxury department store Nordstrom, and other retailers across apparel, grocery, food & beverage, and home goods. Attabotics is based in Calgary, Alberta, Canada, with fulfillment centers across the United States and Canada.
The role of the UI/UX designer is to bridge the human to machine interfaces of the Attabotics fulfillment systems and the humans that interact with them. The designer should be able to enhance the experience of the users interacting with the system through a series of ergonomic, efficient and coordinated displays.
Who you are
- Proven work experience as a UI/UX Designer or similar role
- 5+ years of experience using C# to create user interfaces within WPF
- Experience with JS frameworks such as Angular, React, and Vue.js
- Front-end design/development in Windows WPF desktop applications – XAML in Visual Studio
- Knowledge of HTML5, CSS3, JS, Bootstrap
- Adobe Creative Suite - Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign
- Passion for detailed, innovative, and empathic design combined with well-rounded design skills
- Strong understanding of the art of UX practices
What we need
- Using prototyping tools and UI/UX methodologies to create, present and user test pixel perfect design representations of what will be delivered to the field by the software teams
- Create and implement user experiences and build kiosk applications
- Front-end responsive design/development using modern web technologies and layout frameworks
- Agile planning and code management
- Git source control
If this description describes you perfectly and the work environment you know you can thrive in, send us your resume as well as describe to us what you’re passionate about and we may just reach out to you.
Attabotics is committed to employing the best people to do the best job possible within our environment. We hire based on merit and are strongly committed to cultivating diversity as a source of excellence. Attabotics firmly believes that a vast array of perspectives produces and promotes innovation and business success. Our corporate diversity encompasses differences in ethnicity, gender identity or expression, language, age, sexual orientation, religion, socio-economic status, physical and mental ability and education.
Attabotics promotes a corporate safety culture where employees’ health, safety & well being is number one and with the ultimate goal of establishing a zero incident work environment.