Nisum is a leading global digital commerce firm headquartered in California, with services spanning digital strategy and transformation, insights and analytics, blockchain, business agility, and custom software development. Founded in 2000 with the customer-centric motto “Building Success Together®,” Nisum has grown to over 1,400 professionals across the United States, Chile, India, and Pakistan. A preferred advisor to leading Fortune 500 brands, Nisum enables clients to achieve direct business growth by building the advanced technology they need to reach end customers in today’s world, with immersive and seamless experiences across digital and physical channels.
What You’ll Do
- You’ll take the role of a Design Consultant in lending your expertise to our global clients.
- You’ll work independently or with a team of designers based on the scope of project.
- You are willing to work as part of a new UX practice being setup in the organisation and go that extra mile beyond client work. Apart from client facing work, 15-20% of your time to be utilised to support new business initiatives of the organisation, internal projects of various divisions, support Marketing teams and ongoing UX practice initiatives.
- If you’re someone who is comfortable with newness, has an entrepreneurial spirit in building things from the ground up, thinks independently and ready to advocate design for business, then this is the right place for you.
- A people person with a friendly demeanour and an equally bold and outgoing personality with a good risk taking ability when it comes to consulting, ideas, trends and discussions.
- Questions the status quo with logical perspectives and provides alternative solutions to existing solutions.
- Being open to unlearn, learn, and absorb critical user and client feedback and appreciate an iterative design process is a must-have trait.
Who you are
- Skilled in Adobe suite of design tools as the team collaborates on the Adobe creative cloud.
- Expertise in Adobe Xd, illustrator & Photoshop is a must to enable faster work delivery and sync with the team.
- More tools like Figma and others are good to know.
- Good working knowledge on tools like Miro, Mural, Zeplin, Slack, G Suite & Office suite to collaborate among global teams.
- Working knowledge with widely popular platforms like iOS, Google, Android design systems and a smart ability to integrate the same into our client brand design systems is a must.
- Wide knowledge of interaction, visual and motion design trends in interface design for web, enterprise products, mobile apps, wearables, touch screens, kiosks, TV and other emerging devices.Conduct user research, build wireframes, prototypes, interaction and visual specifications to deliver the best user experience for interfaces.
- Starts problem solving with WHY, takes a scientific approach towards design and an adept ability to rationalize every design decision taken individually as well as collectively. Pro-actively consult with clients and build a credibility as a visual design consultant.
- A responsible designer who can balance both form and function to build relevant and compelling human centred experiences.
- A strong understanding of Usability, Interaction Design, Product Design, Accessibility standards & UX trends is a must.
- An excellent control of all visual design components.
- You are an expert in Typography and you master grid systems as well as colour and composition.
- Ability to create and present story boards, mood boards and visualize concepts and get a visual life to prototypes in consultation with users, clients, product owners and other stakeholders.
- Knowledge on motion design is an added advantage.
- Expert is understanding brand guideline documents of client brands, ability build UI style guides, in case of its absence or enhance existing style guides to suit specific project needs, build visual asset libraries, contribute to building Design Systems, provide detailed visual specifications for developer hand-off and ability to work and deliver quick iterations in an agile delivery model.
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Design or equivalent certifications like HFI CUA, CXA are preferred. Flexible schedule for designers working on projects with international clients or users.
- Please include your work portfolio link/ products in your application.
- We understand that portfolios are not the only hiring decision drivers, however, they are good conversation starters to understand your thinking, workflow and future potential.
- You should be willing to show and tell, rather than we interpret your portfolio without a business context.
- In addition to competitive salaries and benefits packages, Nisum India offers its employees some unique and fun extras:
- Continuous Learning - Year-round training sessions are offered as part of skill enhancement certifications sponsored by the company on an as need basis. We support our team to excel in their field.
- Parental Medical Insurance - Nisum believes our team is the heart of our business and we want to make sure to take care of the heart of theirs. We offer opt-in parental medical insurance in addition to our medical benefits.
- Activities -From the Nisum Premier League's cricket tournaments to hosted Hack-a-thon, Nisum employees can participate in a variety of team building activities such as skits, dances performance in addition to festival celebrations.
- Free Meals - Free snacks and dinner is provided on a daily basis, in addition to subsidized lunch
Nisum is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we are proud of our ongoing efforts to foster diversity and inclusion in the workplace.