Senior UX Researcher
Kaia is a mission focused medical technology company:
Kaia Health was founded in 2016 with the mission of bringing affordable and accessible relief to millions of chronic disease patients. Using innovative technology, we develop digital mind-body therapies that provide better affordable care.
Our products are a clinically-proven therapy for relieving back pain, hip and knee pain as well as COPD. Our mobile app gives users access to multimodal pain therapy, the gold standard of therapies in pain medicine. Kaia’s AI powered algorithm provides users with real-time feedback on their exercise execution using their phone.
Today we are one of the market leaders in digital therapeutics globally, with 500,000+ users. We have raised a total of $48 million from investors like Optum Ventures, ID Invest, Balderton Capital and other top tier healthtech investors. We are building an exceptional team based in Munich and New York to succeed in our mission to bring affordable and accessible care to millions.
As a UX Researcher, your main responsibility is to bring customer insights and understanding into Kaia’s product and management teams’ decision making. This includes understanding customer needs, motivations, attitudes and use context to inform the design and development as well as iterative improvements after launch. You will work directly on Kaia’s design direction for mobile and web, guide the product teams in solving challenging and stimulating product design problems, and up level our processes in an environment that values and understands good user research. This position reports directly to the Head of User Experience.
Experimentation process, tools and culture:
You identify research topics from the product roadmap as well as product KPIs together with our product managers
You design and manage the user experimentation process by creating an experimentation roadmap and setting up the required studies using appropriate methodologies
You share lessons learned and best practices with other team members
Continuous discovery and product optimization:
You design and implement user research studies that address both user behavior and attitudes
You conduct research using a wide variety of qualitative as well as quantitative methods and triangulate multiple data sources into integrated insights
You generate insights that fuel ideation for new feature development and evaluate existing features
Close cooperation and cross-functional work:
You own the user hat within the operation: user personas and journeys are something you evangelize amongst all teams and departments
You work cross-functionally with design, product management and engineering
You synthesize, communicate and translate research findings into actionable recommendations for design, product management and business decisions
We are looking for somebody who has
- High level of experience in planning and designing research studies applying a broad portfolio of both qualitative and quantitative UX methods, incl. ethnography, contextual inquiry, interviews, surveys, etc.
- High level of experience in sharing user research through impactful reports, user journeys, user personas and others
- Rigid and structured approach to deliver user research with highest methodological quality
- The ability to think big, understand and structure complex overarching concepts while maintaining an an eye for detail
- The ability to handle complex and parallel running projects
- High EQ and strong written and verbal communication skills in English
- ...done it before: show us how your research has shaped the UX of a product successfully before
Ideally you also have:
- An advanced degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Cognitive Psychology, Behavioral Science Anthropology, Ethnography or related fields
- Had exposure to product design (UX/UI) and mobile native apps the ability to translate user findings into mockups, wireframes and / or prototypes
- An understanding of the healthcare industry and being exposed to medical regulations
You'll fit in with our company culture if you
- Are user centric and view technology as a tool to improve a user’s life
- Have a bias for action; the world is complex and unpredictable place so starting, releasing, and getting feedback iteratively is the only possible path to success
- Strive to be articulate and humble, make the complex, simple, present ideas openly, accepting that being wrong is part of the process
- Are not afraid of tackling problems that others deem impossible
- Thrive in an entrepreneurial team, adapt easily to change, and enjoy a fast-paced environment
Some other things you will enjoy, specifically thinking about ‘the new normal’ post-COVID19
We have a sustainable, long-term impact: Most Kaianeers chose to work at Kaia and not at other companies simply because they want to have a lasting, positive impact on the world and not just talk about it. Providing remote access to the gold standard in management of chronic conditions already helps hundreds of thousands of users to reduce their suffering and win back quality time with their loved ones.
Flexible working hours: You can manage your day so that it works for you and your family. We are interested in the outcomes of your work, not the face time you spent with work.
Some more benefits listed on our website: https://www.kaiahealth.com/about-kaia/careers/
We value diversity and believe forming teams in which everyone can be their authentic self is key to our success.