Senior UX Designer
CoderPad is on a mission to fix the technical interview process. We serve over 2,000 customers and have hosted more than 2.5 million technical interviews in 30+ programming languages since our launch in 2013.
Through its simplicity, speed and accuracy, CoderPad has become a leading technical interview platform for hiring teams that need a reliable solution to identify better technical candidates - faster. It works like an IDE to emulate real world scenarios and is easily personalized to specific team needs - ensuring a positive experience for the candidate and interviewer alike. That’s why top companies around the world, like Netflix, Slack and Snowflake, rely on CoderPad to help them prioritize quality talent and scale their technical hiring efforts.
CoderPad has an office in San Francisco, CA though this role may work remotely from anywhere in the U.S. Thinking about applying? Read our blog: https://coderpad.io/blog/thinking-about-joining-coderpad!
What does a Senior UX Designer at CoderPad do?
As a key contributor to CoderPad’s Product team, you’ll help define how our products and features function and how users interact with these experiences to accomplish their goals. Our products include our web app (Live Pads and Take-Home Pads), APIs, integrations, and marketing website.
Our UX Designers drive product design across a variety of customers, user types, and jobs. They think deeply about designing for a diverse set of interactions, edge-cases, and all states of the user experience.
From ideation to execution to documentation, you will partner with Product, User Research, and Engineering teams to collaborate, iterate, and develop rapidly in our remote team environment.
Expected outputs from a Senior UX Designer include low- to high-fidelity deliverables including user flows, wireframes, designs, and prototypes. We are a small but mighty team, where questions are asked openly; feedback is given earnestly; and contributions are always meaningful. Successful additions to our team will be proactive, self-starters with a bias towards learning and action.
Join us as we reinvent the technical interview experience!
- Work with us part-time 2 to 3 hours daily for a flexible, agreed upon contract length.
- Lead the UX Design for a strategic workstream from ideation through execution.
- Create cohesive product design to enhance, or even radically transform, the user experience while upholding accessibility and inclusive design principles.
- Partner closely with Product, User Research, and Engineering to engage in a collaborative design and open feedback process.
- Deliver detailed user flows, wireframes, designs, prototypes and other UX deliverables to communicate a range of user flows, states, functional logic, and interactions.
- Drive towards on-time design implementation with a focus on quality, engineering velocity, and achieving target outcomes.
- 4+ years of User Experience Design experience.
- Expert knowledge of Sketch, Figma, InVision or similar design applications.
- Familiar with agile software development and lean UX processes.
- Experience working closely with product managers, user researchers, and engineers.
- Can share a portfolio of work exhibiting proven skill in creating wireframes, prototypes, and other common UX design artifacts.
- Excel at understanding, communicating, and designing for a range of users, UX states, interactions, edge-cases, and technical or business constraints.
- Design with velocity and have a bias toward rapid iteration for learning and development.
- Designing for B2B (business to business) SaaS or developer tools.
- Building using Material Design.
We are a small, geographically distributed team. We offer excellent benefits and value the contribution of every team member – personally and professionally. If you are up for a new challenge and enjoy working with a diverse group, we are interested in hearing from you.
*Meaningful work with high impact
*Unlimited Paid time off (+summer Fridays!)
*Medical, dental, vision insurance
*401K with profit sharing
*Apple equipment and in-home work station
*Diversity and social good initiatives
CoderPad is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran or disability status.