Senior UX Designer
We believe shopping should be simple and exciting and empower people to see the best version of themselves. We have started off with the eyewear industry and are changing an old-school, overwhelming, clinical, boring experience into a delightful one where customers feel great about themselves and their purchase.
Computer vision and machine learning power our industry-leading augmented reality virtual try-on, facial analysis, and frame recommendation engine. We license this technology platform to eyewear retailers who embed it into their web, mobile, and in-store experiences to fundamentally shift how they sell eyewear. We have a great foundation. Our technology is being used by over 10M users a month around the world, and we have strong partnerships with some of the world’s top eyewear retailers.
We’re looking for a UX Designer that loves creating user-centric and visually stunning designs, uses their discerning eye to craft a delightful user experience and takes on big challenges by playing a pivotal role shaping the way users interact with our technology. A proven track record of creating holistic design solutions that address business requirements is expected. The candidate should be able to work on concurrent projects both independently and collaboratively across different groups. The designer should also have a secondary focus in conducting research to validate design approaches, uncover user problems and understand customer feedback.
This is an individual contributor role and can be 100% remote.
What you'll do:
- Create wireframes and prototypes of the products and present them to a non-design audience (including business, product, and technology teams)
- Design a cohesive experience based on data-driven insights across platforms (responsive web, iOS app)
- Conduct user research, including in-depth interviews, user testing, A/B testing, etc.
- Collaborate closely with Product leadership, product managers, and other stakeholders to define product goals and contribute to the overall direction of your owned products
- Work closely with the Engineering team to ensure a high-quality implementation
- Work with Visual Designer to prepare stunning materials for sales purposes
- At least 4 years of professional experience working on consumer-facing products, for both the web and mobile
- Working knowledge of interaction design principles, information architecture and design patterns
- Mastery of design and prototyping tools including Figma, Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite
- Solid experience in planning and conducting user research, user testing, A/B testing, rapid prototyping, usability and accessibility concerns
- Self-motivated, with an internal fire to deliver, stretch, and overachieve, find out “why”, not only the “how”
- A startup mentality: you understand that we have a lot to figure out and plans will change. You will iterate quickly, roll with the punches and work with the team to help us overcome challenges
- Knowledge of the complete product development lifecycle of web and/or software applications
- A strong design portfolio that evidences great design and research practices
- Bachelor’s or higher degree, or the equivalent. (Ditto recognizes that knowledge and skills equivalent to those earned in a degree program can also be achieved via nontraditional paths, and welcomes applicants with nontraditional training.)
Ditto is a post-Series B, venture-backed technology company with 50 wonderful full-time employees headquartered in Oakland, CA. We provide a unique opportunity to work alongside a talented team of software engineers, business leaders, creatives and researchers to bring state of the art computer vision and machine learning technologies to market at scale.
We celebrate what makes us each unique and believe that when experienced people of diverse talents, backgrounds and opinions are inspired to come together, greatness occurs. We are built on trust which combines being authentic, credible and reliable. We love passionate people with a zest for life and an adaptable, positive attitude. We have high expectations for hard-work and give a lot of flexibility to take time for the other things that are important to you.
Ditto is a distributed company supporting all roles anywhere in the United States. Employees also have the opportunity to work from our Oakland office. Our distributed workforce philosophy allows us to find the best talent in the country and build diverse teams, while empowering our team to work from the location that best suits them.
We have all the perks you would expect from a great start-up: competitive salary, meaningful equity as an early employee, medical, dental, unlimited PTO, and a 401K. We care a lot about doing the little things well and work hard to build a strong team culture. We organize team events and activities online and are being creative to build strong relationships amongst distributed team members