Victoria, BC or remote!
We’d love to have you join us at our HQ office in beautiful Victoria, BC (once it’s safe to do so!) and would be delighted to provide relocation assistance. However, we are completely remote friendly - you can work from anywhere in Canada that suits you best. We only ask that you work in the Pacific time zone (PST.)
We’re looking to bring on a tenacious UX Lead with a strong technical background, leadership-driven nature and a passion for both software and business in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment. You understand the challenges and triumphs that come with a growing team and are as comfortable wearing multiple hats as you are going with the flow. Depending on the day (or hour), your role can include that of an Account Manager, Technical Architect, Agile Coach, Scrum Master, and/or Project Manager. Whatever hat you wear, relationship building is core to all that you do!
You love a challenge, thrive in a fast-paced environment and remain cool as a cucumber no matter the challenge at hand. ‘Flexibility and Prioritization’ are your middle names as you balance vouching for your project teams, fulfilling clients’ expectations, consulting on team resourcing, identifying gaps within projects and filling the need yourself, or assigning the right team member to step in.
In 30 days you’ll…
- Take on project lead responsibilities, coordinating all aspects of project delivery including defining project scope, specifying deliverables, managing project budget, creating project charters and schedules, managing scope change requests, and estimating project timelines, effort and costs;
- Lead daily stand-ups with your project teams;
- Participate in the relationship management team’s goals;
- Work with a client to formulate a technology road map by identifying and proposing solutions;
- Exercise independent judgement in analysis and problem solve on highly complex problems, challenging guidelines when necessary.
In 90 days you’ll…
- Supports sales and pre-sales efforts by making connections within the public sector, and participating in presentations and occasional RFP responses;
- Guide clients through a discovery process along with UI/UX/Service Designers and Business Analysts;
- Use the appropriate channels to bring up team resourcing needs and solutions;
- Acts as technical lead in client convos;
- Lead service delivery efforts;
- Work toward alignment with FreshWorks vision and help translate it into action.
In 1 year you’ll…
- Have an impact on 3+ high stakes projects at FreshWorks;
- Establish strong relationships with 3 key change makers in the Public Sector;
- Grow 1-2 accounts by adding headcount to client projects;
- Make our clients successful in achieving their goals; as measured by client NPS and team engagement feedback surveys.
Need to Haves:
- 5+ years in a project lead capacity (as Sr BA/PM, Tech Team Lead or equivalent), in a technical environment (extra points for experience in a service-based/consulting company!);
- Strong writing, presentation, analytical skills as well as supreme attention to detail;
- An ability to listen to the customer and propose solutions that are pragmatic;
- Demonstrable ability to work with uncertainty;
- A strong understanding of the BC and/or Alberta public sector;
- A deep understanding of the SDLC and software best practices;
- A strong understanding of Agile and Scrum methodologies;
- Ability to lead the project planning process to ensure each team has a prioritized list of epics and stories in a timely fashion;
- Exhibits critical thinking, creative problem solving, and willingness to learn new tools for effective client communication;
- Provides clear communication with end-users, interpreting and understanding their needs while explaining technical information in business terms;
- Legal working status in Canada, please note that we do not have resources to sponsor work permits for this role.
- Experience working in or working with clients in the Public Sector;
- Certified Scrum Master Training and/or experience acting as a Scrum Master within a project team;
- PMP designation;
- Understanding of the RFP procurement process.
*Thank you for your interest in joining our team. We hope to set you up for success during our hiring process starting with this tip:
The following application questions are thoroughly reviewed and heavily weighted when deciding whether your profile is a good fit for this role; please give them the time and attention that they deserve in order to demonstrate your alignment toward and interest in this role.