Hi, we’re Paws - a team of pet lovers and experts here to make life brilliant for pets, their people, and less fortunate pets too. We’re bringing game-changing innovation to a $100bn global industry, making it easy for pet parents to be the best they can be. And with support for abandoned pets baked into our business model (we’ve fed more than 60,000 meals to shelter dogs so far!), we’re doing plenty of good along the way.
You’ll be joining our founding team of over 40 experienced startup characters and entrepreneurs in our state-of-the-art HQ near Exmouth Market - and you can bring your dog to work, of course!
With the first version of our product out in the world and a customer base that’s growing exponentially by the day, we’re ready to introduce Paws to every single pet parent in the UK.
What you’ll be doing...
- You will develop UX designs (mobile and desktop) from early conception/wireframing, through to hifi production-ready designs for the paws website.
- You will work closely with user research to ensure that the User Experience is set up for customer success.
- You will work in a timely manner to ensure that design work is ‘sprint ready’.You will work across multiple product areas (commerce and content), designing user experiences that delight the paws customers.
- You will work closely with the product area leads and product managers to input into a customer centric product strategy.
- You will ensure that technical feasibility is considered in all design work.
- You will have a keen appreciation for commerce, designing experiences which are optimised for company performance metrics like LTV, revenue and web conversion.
- You will work with very little guidance, but lean heavily on Product managers.
- You will work within the Product and Engineering department, but are expected to proactively collaborate with colleagues outside the squads (eg visual design and brand teams) to ensure design consistency across the experience.
Success will look like...
- Delivers customer experiences which get great customer feedback and are high performing.
- Always being one step ahead, delivering design work in a timely way so that the P&E teams are never blocked.
- As we grow, we will create more squads and tribes.
- Opportunity to become a design leader in future years.
Bits that we look for...
- Ability to take in customer research and feedback and design experiences based on this feedback.
- Design site-wide navigation systems that are intuitive and bring content to life.
- Work fluently in design tools such as sketch/ invision for example.
- Develop clickable prototypes for pre- build user testing transitions and navigation.
- Have a desire to, and be working towards using interesting techniques to make the paws website ‘different’ and to delight customers (eg animation software like synfig).
- Knowledge of CSS, HTML structure is desirable.
- You will work in an organised way, ensuring designs are readily available and easy to find within repositories.
- You will consider design consistency and be working towards a keen understanding of design systems.
- You relish working alongside Product managers to analyse customer experiences with tools like Google Analytics/ Fullstory/ Usertesting.com.
More bits that we look for...
- You are a self starter, always looking to ‘what’s next’ so as to stay one step ahead with design work.
- You put the customer first, having a keen intuition for what a customer needs whilst balancing this with data/ feedback from customer research.
- You love data, and use it to inform design work constantly.
- You will balance customer value with effort and have a true sense of technical feasibility, working closely with your technical counterparts in the squad to assess ideas.
VALUES & CULTURE FIT:
- 11x it
We’re super ambitious, know that failure breeds opportunity, and always go for gold
- Group Walkies
We collaborate, think beyond ourselves, and take each other’s dogs for walkies
- Pets First
We’re customer-obsessed and put their wellbeing at the heart of everything we do
To live these values we look for people that are thoughtful, entrepreneurial, ambitious, down to earth, positive, self-starting, creative, challenging with the ability to push back, execution focussed, high integrity, fun, transparent, high energy, able to think strategically but also roll up their sleeves.
Above all, scrappy with a sense of humour.