Senior UX Researcher
We are seeking a European based Senior User Experience (UX) Researcher at PayByPhone that will enable us to see through our customer's eyes.
As a Senior UX Researcher at a PayByPhone, you are a core member of a team responsible for creating simple experiences for millions of PayByPhone users across the globe. Your expertise allows you to bring user insights to each phase of the product development process by leading research related to both consumer and business facing products. You are experienced in both formative and summative research, and you have a thorough understanding of qualitative and quantitative research concepts. You are comfortable collaborating with designers, product managers, developers, and product marketing.
We are looking for an empathetic and collaborative Senior UX Researcher that is fluent and comfortable performing research in French and English.
- Plan, scope, and facilitate user research studies across various PayByPhone initiatives.
- Apply methods such as usability testing, interviews, surveys, field research, diary studies, card sorting, and other relevant methods appropriate for addressing research objectives.
- Perform analysis of qualitative and quantitative data, report on insights and provide actionable recommendations.
- Work closely with design, product, development, product marketing, and sales teams to identify research needs and uncover opportunities for investigation.
- Provide guidance, mentorship, and support in conducting and analyzing user research studies to other members of the organization.
- Contribute to and lead on-going experience principles initiatives, such as the research and development of journey maps, archetypes, and personas.
- Support a strong product culture, and evangelise user research practices throughout the organization.
- Embrace a continuous personal development mentality, always seeking to learn and improve in line with current role and future development path.
Essential Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
Demonstrated experience / projects
- An outstanding portfolio, showcasing your ability to uncover and understand user behaviors, needs, and motivations, leading to impactful research findings and recommendations; With validation of ideas and solutions along the way.
- Strong understanding of user research best practices, including qualitative and quantitative research concepts, and formative and summative research approaches.
- Experience planning, scoping, recruiting for, and facilitating user research studies across a variety of products.
- Experience with in-person and remote, moderated and unmoderated research methods.
- Experience with user testing platforms (e.g., UserTesting, UserZoom, UsabilityHub) and survey tools (e.g., SurveyMonkey, Typeform, Google Forms).
- Self-directed, proactive, responsible, and able to meet deadlines and budget requirements.
- A great track record of working with design, development, and product – people want to work with you again.
Technical / Hard skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in basic descriptive statistics.
- Fluency and comfortable performing research in French and English is a must
- Fluency in German is a plus
- 5+ years in the field of User Research.
- 5+ years working in the technology sector, with an understanding of different processes for product delivery (e.g., Waterfall, Agile, Scrum).
- Qualifications or formal training in User Experience (UX), Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), design, analysis, or related topics.
- BA/BS in experimental psychology, cognitive science, human computer interaction or related discipline is preferred.
Success in the role
- You have established yourself as a respected voice within the PayByPhone organization and are considered to be a strong collaborator within a cross-functional team.
- Strong outcomes include building an exemplary level of trust and capabilities around mixed-methods research across the organization.