“This is a unique opportunity to apply the full range of your observational, analytic and creative skills to enhance user experiences for our audiences. From brand development, marketing collateral creation, and product design you can further your skills, while working with a talented team in a dynamic industry.”
- Vishu Mahajan, Creative Director
As a UX Designer you play a crucial role in developing product and web experiences that make our brand shine. Drawing on results from research and workflow analysis, you produce wireframes, storyboards, sitemaps and screen flows that deliver value to our audiences. The ideal candidate has a strong understanding of the product development process, from research and problem identification to UI and visual design. The products and solutions you build deliver an intuitive and engaging user experience.
What You’ll Do:
- Work collaboratively with our marketing, product, and services teams
- Communicate design decisions to cross-functional team members and stakeholders
- Understand product specifications and user psychology
- Conduct usability testing and gather feedback
- Strategically develop wireframes, storyboards, visual design and information architecture
- Provide digital design solutions, such as motion graphics for web and video, social media images, digital ads, presentations, eBooks, case studies, as required
- Create personas through user research and data
- Lead journey mapping exercises and recommend a design approach that meets user needs and business goals
- Analyze user feedback and activity, and iterate design to enhance experience
- Advise on content development
- Conduct competitor and customer analysis
- Participate in design critiques and leadership feedback meetings
What You Bring:
- Intermediate to senior design experience at a high tech, product-driven company
- Degree or diploma in visual design, communications, computer science, psychology, or related field is an asset
- Solid experience in prototyping and interaction design
- Proficient understanding and implementation of design process
- Outstanding creativity and attention to detail
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Advanced understanding of user behaviour and usability testing
- Ability to work independently and embrace agile methodology
- Able to establish priorities and manage time productively
- Proven track record of delivering quality experiences that meet or exceed customer expectations
- Strong portfolio of design projects and research
- Proficient in design software (e.g. Creative Cloud, Google Workspace apps, Figma, Axure RP, Miro, Invision, Sketch, Balsamiq)
- Skills in branding, copywriting, video production, and analytics are an asset
About our Company:
AltaML is a fast-growing startup that focuses on applied Machine Learning (ML). We see AI as the next step forward in unlocking the best in all industries - and people. We are experts in ML commercialization and help our industrial partners gain a competitive advantage by combining their data and domain expertise with our analytics and ML proficiency. Data informs our every move, and we aim to work quickly, collaboratively, and creatively. We have offices in Edmonton, Calgary and Toronto.
AltaML works with progressive partners in industries such as Health, Financial Services and Natural Resources. Sure, we are a tech company, so we offer a well-stocked kitchen including good coffee, sparkling water, and snacks. We are an office filled with foodies and enjoy experiencing different flavours from around the world. We also offer Welcome Lunches, Friday Socials, hot sauce tastings and so much more!
Data informs our every move, and we aim to work quickly, collaboratively, and creatively.
What you’ll get:
You will be working in a high-paced environment that focuses on creating unique ML solutions to problems within a number of different industries to generate impactful value.
You will be working at a company with employees who have multiple years of industrial and academic experience in data science, software engineering, product management, and machine learning fields. To solve the problems we apply various ML techniques from traditional Machine Learning and Data Mining algorithms, through to vision, Deep Learning, Information Extraction, advanced NLP and conversational agents.
You will be able to experience a collaborative company culture, which means we believe in working hard, getting the job done, and enjoying the group social on Fridays. You’ll also get flexibility in where you work, what hours you work, how much vacation you take, and what you wear. We expect hard work but respect work/life balance.
So, however you identify and whatever background and experiences you bring, please apply if this is a role that would make you “tap dance to work” every day. We would love to add your biological uniqueness to our own! :-)
You will be required to undergo the following checks during the hiring process:
* This job posting will remain open until a qualified candidate is found.