ABOUT NEWTON SCHOOL
Come be part of a rocketship that’s creating a massive impact on the world of technology 🚀🚀
On one side you have over a million college graduates every year with barely 5% employability rates and on the other side, there are 1000s of companies struggling to find talent. Newton School aims to bridge this massive gap through it’s personalized learning platform. We are building an online university and solving the deep problem of employability of graduates.
We have a strong core team consisting of alumni from IIT's and IIM’s, having several years of industry experience in companies like Unacademy, Inmobi among others. On this mission, we are backed by some of the most respected investors around the world, - RTP Global, Nexus Venture Partners and a slew of angel investors including CRED’s Kunal Shah, Flipkart’s Kalyan Krishnamoorthy, Unacademy founders, Udaan’s Sujeet Kumar among others.
- Gather and evaluate user requirements in collaboration with product managers and engineers. Illustrate design ideas using storyboards, process flows and sitemaps.
- Design graphic user interface elements, like menus, tabs and widgets. Build page navigation buttons and search fields.
- Develop UI mockups and prototypes that clearly illustrate how sites function and look like.
- Create original graphic designs (e.g. images, sketches and tables).
- Prepare and present rough drafts to internal teams and key stakeholders. Identify and troubleshoot UX problems (e.g. responsiveness)
- Conduct layout adjustments based on user feedback. Adhere to style standards on fonts, colors and images
- Proven work experience for min3-5yrs as a UI/UX Designer
- Portfolio of design projects
- Knowledge of wireframe tools (e.g. Wireframe.cc and InVision)
- Up-to-date knowledge of design software like Adobe Illustrator and PhotoshopTeam spirit; strong communication skills to collaborate with various stakeholders
- BSc in Design, Computer Science or relevant field
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Has a tremendous sense of ownership.
- Bias for action and ready to get hands dirty.
- Ability to work across different teams.
- Has the ability to break down big problems into smaller chunks.
- Has analytical thinking, problem solving capabilitiesAlways ready to push the boundaries.
OUR WAY OF WORKING
- An opportunity to work on something that really matters.
- A fast-paced environment to learn and grow.
- High transparency in decision making.
- High autonomy; freedom to take risks, to experiment, and to fail.
- Market Competitive salary