UX Writing Manager
First, a little bit about you. You are a delightful human being who likes to do good work with good people. You care deeply about users, and you know how to use words and language to build delightful experiences. You also know what it takes to lead a team and integrate a writing practice into a larger organization.
Now, a little bit about us. You probably know us as the best source of knowledge about local businesses. At Yelp, you'll have the opportunity to have a real impact on a product that hundreds of millions of consumers trust to discover and engage with businesses in their community!
We are developing Yelp’s first UX Writing team and are looking for a remote UX Writing Manager to lead the team. Ideally, you will have experience building out and managing a UX writing practice for a product company. You will also not be afraid to get your hands dirty and co-create world class UX writing with designers, product managers, marketers and other cross functional partners.
This is a unique opportunity to join a highly collaborative team with a lot of growth potential. You will also make a huge impact on customers, and pave the way for the future of UX writing at Yelp.
Where You Come In:
- Responsible for the quality and execution of Yelp’s UX writing across a suite of products and use cases
- Manage and grow a small-but-mighty team of UX writers
- Craft everything from broad content strategy to concise button copy to create an excellent user experience on Yelp
- Create and implement processes and systems that seamlessly integrate world class writing practices into the larger organization
- Give and get feedback from users, designers, researchers, product managers, marketers, and other writers
- Work directly with product designers, product managers, and engineers to find clear solutions to complex problems
- Partner effectively with brand, marketing and creative to ensure our brand voice and UX writing work together seamlessly
- Foster a culture of written excellence, which includes championing style guides, explaining writing decisions, and sharing best practices with others
What it Takes to Succeed:
- Experience managing people, ideally in a remote environment
- Have setup systems and processes to efficiently produce world-class quality UX writing
- You are comfortable working with and managing a wide range of stakeholders and collaborators
- You have the ability to transition between rolling up your sleeves and getting the job done, and growing and supporting a team of UX writers
- Understand how to balance business objectives, user needs and brand voice
- You have an enormous amount of empathy, with a deep understanding of how words make people feel
- You have a strong portfolio of work that demonstrates expertise across all kinds of customer touchpoints
- 7+ years of relevant writing experience (UX, in-product, etc)
At Yelp, we believe that diversity is an expression of all the unique characteristics that make us human: race, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, and education — and those are just a few. We recognize that diverse backgrounds and perspectives strengthen our teams and our product. The foundation of our diversity efforts are closely tied to our core values, which include “Playing Well With Others” and “Authenticity.”
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, veteran status, medical condition or disability.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities in our job application process. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 415-969-8488.
Note: Yelp does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to any recruiting alias or employee. Yelp is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.