Senior UX Designer
At Trustly, we are passionate about simplifying the way people pay and get paid online. We are a licensed payment institution and our B2B products available across Europe and the US attract global merchants in segments such as e-commerce, travel, financial services and gaming. In June 2018, private equity firm Nordic Capital acquired a majority stake in Trustly with ambitions to support us in becoming the leading global online banking payments provider.
We are a diverse and fast-growing team with our headquarters in Stockholm, Sweden, and offices in Barcelona, Spain; Cologne, Germany; Helsinki, Finland; Lisbon, Portugal; London, UK; Örebro, Sweden; Redwood City, US; Sliema, Malta; and Vitória, Brazil. Together we are leading the development of the payments industry and the work you’ll do here will make a great impact.
About the role
As a Senior User Experience Designer at Trustly, you will work closely with designers, researchers, product owners, developers and users to translate insights into requirements - designing the future interfaces of Trustly’s products. As a key member of the UX team you will work closely with other UX leaders to contribute to building a world class User Experience team and establish best practice. Inspire the organisation and our customer through developing unique Trustly user experience vision.
Some for your main tasks and responsibilities
- Work closely with UX team members, conceptualize and develop user interaction models, user task flows, interaction wireframes and user interface design.
- Gain expert knowledge about specific product domains and become the owner of the experience.
- Develop multiple design concepts for rapid prototyping and testing, iterate/update design based on customer/user test and refine design.
- Document detailed interaction models and UI specifications.
- Collaborate with other designers to maintain design consistency and coherence across Trustly products.
- Participate in or facilitate workshops and design thinking exercises to get stakeholders and collaborators engaged in insight development, problem definition & problem solving.
- Present initiative and design updates regularly to various stakeholders.
Who we believe you are
- You have a background in developing commercial digital products and understand that you are designing a cognitive journey, not a series of cool images.
- You are humble and open minded - constantly seeking for opportunities to learn while not being shy about challenging conventions. You want to create something that makes a difference and be part of something great.
- You have strong communication skills with the ability to articulate the value of UX and the rationale behind your research process and design decisions.
- You enjoy working with other UX designers, researchers, analytics specialists, developers, product managers and commercial partners both internal and external.
- Serving end users and customers comes high on your list.
Your experience and expertise
- Experience working with established brand guidelines and style guides and contributing to developing them.
- A few years experience in developing international products that required unique local solutions in multiple languages on multiple platforms including desktop and mobile.
- Experience developing B2B and B2C/consumer products.
- Enjoys solving complex customer and business needs and reducing them to simple and functional products.
- Ability to clearly communicate your thought process, design iterations and design options with the team and stakeholders through effective visual and verbal presentations.
- Curious about the world around us, latest technologies, best practices, and excited about developing creative solutions.
- Experience creating prototypes in various fidelity levels that focused on gaining user feedback.
- Avid practitioner of human centered design, design thinking and UX practices.
- Proficiency with current design tools like Figma.