UX Design Intern
Chatbooks invented the world’s first subscription photo book, which makes creating photo books “automatic” for its customers. By focusing on four core values—beyond easy, super affordable, great quality, and amazing service—Chatbooks has become a beloved brand of parents everywhere.
Here’s a little video about how Chatbooks started: https://youtu.be/5SW8_8CEvQo
Learn more in Chatbooks’ viral “Real Mom” video—100 million views and counting! http://bit.ly/2m9UYQr
About the Team
We have a high-performing ALL-STAR culture and team and are headquartered in Lehi, UT. We offer a competitive compensation package including salary, bonus, equity program, health benefits, untracked PTO, and lots of flexibility.
The “Big Why” driving the company’s mission is to help strengthen families so Chatbooks co-founders Nate and Vanessa Quigley have deliberately created a company culture that’s supportive of employees’ whole lives. Their goal is that everyone on the team can put this mission into practice in their own lives, whether that’s flexibility to go to a child’s dance recital, hit up the gym during lunch, or go off-grid for a week to recharge.
Chatbooks strives to be an employer-of-choice for women and parents by offering flexible working options and strongly supporting women in leadership roles. Women currently make up 60% of the company’s leadership positions.
At Chatbooks, we have put incredible focus into building a team of high-performing “All-Stars.” All-Stars have 5 characteristics: Grown-Up (you manage yourself and your time & handle disagreements without drama), Ship (you get things out the door efficiently, and manage shifting priorities), Amazing (your work is simply AMAZING!), Optimistic (you share solutions instead of problems), and Kind (you’re consistently kind to teammates and partners). If this sounds like you, we’d love to talk!
We are looking for an intern to join our product management team! This is an incredible opportunity to learn how to develop consumer technology products with an All-Star team of product managers, UX designers, software developers and UX researchers.
The intern in this role will join a team of interns (Product Manager, UX Designer, iOS Engineer, QA Engineer) to work on a new app idea and carry it from conception to release on the App Store. It’s a great opportunity to learn the ropes of product development by working alongside a product team—and have an impressive project to add to your portfolio when the internship concludes.
The internship program will last for summer term (May-August) only.
- Assist in sketching process and brainstorm activities
- Create wireframes and high fidelity screens for the website and mobile apps
- Set up prototypes that are geared for user testing
- Iterate based on learnings from tests with users
- Work with development to implement designs
- Passion for developing products that customers love
- Huge technology fan with an innovative mindset
- Quantitative and analytical skills a plus
- Strong communication & organizational skills
- Currently enrolled in a major for graphic design, UX design, visual arts or similar
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch or Figma
- Basic understanding of UX design principles: usability, interface design, iconography, etc.
- Understanding of industry trends and relevant UX discipline topics
- Fast moving, dynamic startup with an open office concept
- Office Located in the heart of Silicon Slopes with the option to work 100% remotely
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, gender, gender identity, disability, parental or pregnancy status, marital status, or protected veteran status..