Senior UX/UI Designer
Legacy (YC S19) is a Series A startup focused on the fast-growing field of fertility and family planning. Founded at Harvard, the company has averaged 20% MOM growth and is well-funded by leading investors like Bain Capital Ventures, Section 32, and others. We've doubled revenue in the past 3 months alone.
What do we do?
We are building a complete digital health hub for future fathers. We aim to change the outdated view that fertility is a "women's issue" by creating an accessible, affordable product for men. This includes everything from a mail-in kit for sperm testing & sperm freezing, personalized sperm improvement products, tele-health, DNA fragmentation analysis, supplements, and more.
This role reports directly to the VP Growth. Design reports into growth, however we're committed to a collaborative, non-siloed team. This role works heavily alongside digital product teams, as well as consults on product and visual design.. As this is our first hire, experience building and leading design teams is preferred, however not required.
Ideal candidates have
- A portfolio that displays an exceptional understanding of user-centered, thoughtful product design
- Minimum 7+ years of experience as a designer in startup or agency setting
- Strong experience with Figma, Sketch, and Adobe Suite
- Passion for grid systems, typography, and color theory
- Experience building and refining design systems
- Exceptional product and brand design vision, and a strong belief in Legacy's mission
- Experience and passion for scaling design teams, practices, and culture in a high-growth company
- Experience with Design Thinking, Lean Startup and Agile development methods
- Champion, grow, mentor, lead and drive the product design team to raise the bar and design execution across all our vertically integrated products
- Set the design vision, practices, and goals, and oversee detail-driven execution
- Communicate solutions to achieve best-in-class brand and product. This means understanding design fundamentals and being in tune with emerging trends.
- Develop a customer-centric UX with our product and customer experience teams. We believe in blending digital, physical, and human throughout our product.
First 90 Days
- Speak to 10 customers, and analyze owned data to intimately understand our customers
- Redesign customer dashboard with product team to create a clinic like experience for clients.
- Create and implement Legacy's first product design system
Why should you join us?
Look, there's lots of reasons to join any high-growth startup. "Get on a rocket ship" blah blah blah. If you're the kind of candidate we're looking for, then you already know this. Here are a few other reasons you might not already know:
We're a team of under 20 people, despite being at the Series A stage. You will be one of the first 20 employees and will profoundly impact where the company goes in the coming years.
Everyone thinks about becoming a parent. You will help couples on their journey to creating a family. You will help push society towards a fairer, more equitable place. You will be a trusted resource for men and women at the most intimate moment in their lives, including heterosexual couples, LGBTQ+ couples, and individuals who are thinking about how and when they'll want to have a family in the future.
We will invest in you like you wouldn't believe. Every single hire gets an executive coach. You'll get training for anything you need. We'll give you an unlimited 'Health & Wellness' stipend where we pay for 75% of anything you deem might improve your life (Mattresses, Pelotons, etc.) You'll have a 'buddy'. We'll set you up with a charity and match your contributions. And we will talk about your careers goals, aspirations, and feelings every single week.
(Oh - and of course you'll get the same health care, 401K, unlimited time off, and other perks that any serious company offers its team members today.)
Ultimately, we are here to win, and we believe that the best way to win is to help everyone bring their absolute best self to work. So our job is to help you be the best personal and professional version of yourself that you want to be.