UX Research Manager
Our mission is simple: to make personalized skincare accessible and convenient for all. Awarded one of Inc's Best Workplaces 2019 and 2020 Forbes #8 Startup Company, Curology is a leader in direct-to-consumer ecommerce and has been featured in Vogue, Allure, Harper’s Bazaar, and Business Insider.
Curology is creating the next generation of skincare through customized treatment plans and formulas with powerful prescription ingredients for acne and anti-aging. We believe great skin shouldn’t be a luxury, but a fact of life.
Curology's product team is seeking a passionate, people-focused User Experience Research Manager to join our growing team. This position is full-time and remote friendly.
What you'll get to do
- Actively take part in shaping and influencing our product strategy for our two brands.
- Manage research across the entire product lifecycle and validate launching new product features. You'll set the vision for the research team and create the space for others to collaborate.
- Work with small multi-disciplinary teams. You’ll partner closely with product designers, product managers, copywriters, and creatives to find elegant but practical solutions to challenges.
- Learn from our users and educate the product team on what users want. We're focused on listening to patients and letting their needs guide us to the best solutions. Our goal is to always solve problems for real people, and not just for the loudest voice in the room.
- Guide the product team to design empathetically and propose actionable solutions to user needs. Make concrete, data-driven recommendations for change based on the research team's findings.
- Help extend our user experience research processes. Champion it amongst the team and help solve challenges in a scalable way.
- Manage, develop and scale a world-class team of User Researchers. You will be inheriting an incredible User Researcher, and have the ability to grow the team immediately.
What you need to be successful
- 5+ years of in-house UX research experience, 2+ years of leading and scaling teams at fast-growing companies
- A high level of emotional intelligence, always leading by example with empathy and humility while being willing to proactively uncover and mitigate potential biases
- Advanced knowledge of mixed-methods research.
- A passion for understanding people and their needs.
- A user-focused product-design mentality.
- Humility and a team-first mindset.
- Artisanship—an obsession over details and an excitement to polish your work until it’s pixel-perfect
- A track record of personal accountability, and a strong sense of urgency and ownership.
- A web link or a PDF to your portfolio is "nice to have".
What you'll love about Curology
- Amazing team culture and environment.
- Awarded Great Place To Work & Inc.’s Best Workplace
- Competitive salary and equity packages.
- Unlimited, flexible PTO for exempt employees.
- Comprehensive benefits: Medical, dental and vision insurance are covered 90%+ for employees; flexible spending account; 401k.
- Paid maternity and paternity leave.
- Free catered daily lunch and a kitchen stocked with delicious snacks, drinks, and coffee.
- Free subscription to Curology!
- Company-sponsored happy hours and outings.
Curology encourages applications from people of all races, religions, national origins, genders, sexual orientations, gender identities, gender expressions and ages, as well as veterans and individuals with disabilities. Notice to Applicants under the CCPA.