About the role
As a Product Designer on the Admins & Business Stakeholders team, you will work closely with a cross-functional team to create frictionless self-service experiences for customers wanting to purchase Contentful, start new projects, and manage their licensing/subscriptions. You will be collaborating closely with internal stakeholders in order to understand the needs of both our internal teams as well as external customers. You will work to define opportunities in: productizing our current professional services; finding new services to productize; and tooling opportunities to improve internal workflow and effectiveness.
If you have a passion for generating business impact, complex problem solving, systems design and optimizing workflows, this role may be a good fit. You should be comfortable facilitating user research studies and team workshops, and have experience working with design systems. You’ll join a design guild of passionate design generalists who excel in their respective areas and enjoy continuous learning, and the opportunity to impact the product and the organization in a meaningful way.
What to expect?
You’ll be a key player in exploring existing and new product opportunities with your product team, pitch them to relevant stakeholders for buy-in, facilitate solutioning for these opportunities, as well as working with engineers to bring them to life.
- Partner with a product manager in identifying and defining opportunities in: helping developers integrate Contentful easily into their digital products
- Partner with UX researchers to develop deep empathy for our customers, and understand what kind of opportunities would create the biggest value for our customers
- Partner with UX researchers and data analysts to learn about the reach in the market and the most important features we need to understand in depth in discovery
- Facilitate discovery workshops
- Understand how the these opportunities fit into our complex ecosystem, and make smart suggestions/trade-offs
Design + Delivery
- Take the user’s perspective and explore solutions from multiple directions
- Prototype creation (from low to high fidelity)
- Work with the research team to plan and conduct user testing
- Develop concepts, visual design and UX copy
- Communicate/pitch design decisions to relevant stakeholders
- Improve UX/ design quality by pairing with engineers, UX writers and other Designers
- Run experiments and user testing during early release phases
- Collaborate with other Designers across the org to gather input on ongoing work
What you need to be successful
- Self starter, looking for pragmatic solutions
- Comfortable navigating ambiguities
- Strong conceptual skills for designing complex scenarios
- Analytical approach to design
- Strong listening skills, empathize with stakeholders and end users alike
- Strong communicator (verbal and written) and user advocate
- Comfortable communicating with company leadership
- Experience with designing systems
- Experience with user research (quantitative and qualitative) and user testing
- Experience with meeting and workshop facilitation
- Experience with internal tooling design is a bonus
What's in it for you?
- Join an ambitious tech company reshaping the way people build digital products.
- We set you up for success, equipping you with the latest and greatest hardware
- Enjoy a full range of events, including workshops, Contentful-hosted meetups, guest speakers and team activities. Meet your team members from across the globe at our annual offsite.
- Get fit! We offer a variety of health and fitness classes and a discount on Urban Sports Club.
- Use your personal education budget to improve your skills and grow in your career. Join a free German class or one of our many internal learning initiatives!
- We value our employees health and safety. Our teams are working remotely during the COVID pandemic.
- Plus, Contentful socks! Oh yeah!
Who are we?
Contentful powers digital experiences for 28% of the Fortune 500 companies and thousands of global brands. Our content platform unifies content in a single hub, structures it for use in any digital channel and integrates seamlessly with hundreds of tools through open APIs. It lets developers and content creators work in parallel, increasing team efficiency and happiness. Companies such as Co-op, Spotify, Bang & Olufsen, N26 and Swarovski use Contentful to build their mobile and web products, voice controlled apps and more.
We’re growing rapidly and are backed by over $150 million in funding from top-tier venture capital firms like Sapphire Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, General Catalyst and Benchmark.
More than 350 people from 70 nations contribute their energy and creativity to Contentful, working from hubs in Berlin, San Francisco and distributed locations around the world.
“Everyone is welcome here” — it's a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical [dis]ability or length of time spent unemployed. We look forward to your application!
By clicking “Apply for this job,” I acknowledge that I have read the “Contentful’s Candidate Privacy Notice”, and hereby acknowledge and accept the collection, processing, use, and storage of my personal data as described therein.