Senior Product Designer
DoorDash is missioned to disrupt the future of delivery logistics in the three-sided marketplace: customers, merchants, and drivers. We have achieved exponential growth since the foundation in 2013, and we’re proud to have become the top food delivery service in the US. We are at the pivotal point of transforming the user experience to the next level, as all three-sided marketplace continues to grow fast and the business expands beyond food delivery.
At DoorDash, our customers are at the forefront of the product strategy. We deeply believe that the best customer experience is synonymous to the success of our business in the long run. Design plays an important role, providing critical thought partnership in cross-functional product development. This is where you come in.
We're looking for Senior Product Designers to create and lead world-class user experiences on all marketplace fronts. Our Design team is still in an early stage, which means you’ll help shape the design culture and process from the ground up and get to drive big and meaningful design problems. Check out our Design Team's Medium Blog to learn more.
DoorDash is a technology company that connects people with the best in their cities. We do this by empowering local businesses and in turn, generate new ways for people to earn, work and live. We’re assembling a team of incredibly talented product and design leaders to help make this vision a reality.
As a product designer on the new categories team, you’ll help build and grow DoorDash’s newest categories beyond food such as alcohol, prescriptions, retail, flowers & more. You’ll work on products that help empower new kinds of merchants to join DoorDash and that give customers the best possible ordering experience for those new categories of goods, each with their own challenges. You'll work among star engineers, designers, and operators in a fast-growing environment and talk with customers and merchants around the world to understand and solve for their unique needs. The role demands a mix of entrepreneurship, cross-company collaboration, and well-honed product judgment.
What You’ll Do
- Actively practice and evangelize customer-centric thinking
- Own, lead and drive design problems from ideation through to execution
- Build relationships and collaborate with cross-functional teams such as UX Research, Product Management, Engineering, Business Analytics, Operations and Marketing
- Deeply understand business goals and challenge its requirements as necessary
- Use quantitative data and qualitative feedback to inform the design decisions iteratively
- Contextualize the holistic impact of your design in the dynamic ecosystem of the three-sided marketplace
- Create user scenarios, user journey, wireframes, UI designs and prototypes throughout the full cycle of the product development process
- Deliver high-fidelity assets and specs ready for engineering
- Work with Design Infrastructure team to conform with the latest design system and contribute to its continuous innovation
What We’re Looking For
- You love fast-paced startup environment
- You are a generalist who can drive the design process end to end
- You are detail-oriented while being able to see the big picture
- You make a great partner with the cross-functional teams
- You are an excellent storyteller and communicator
- You exude a can-do attitude and enthusiasm
- You are self-aware and humble
- Strong portfolio showcasing the problem solving skill and high design caliber; you MUST provide a link to your portfolio (and password if applicable) to be considered for this role
- 5+ years of experience as a product/UX designer in a relevant industry
- Fluency in the latest product design trend, tools and technology cross platform
- Prior design experience in local, commerce, and logistics industry is a big plus
- Must be able to work in our office post-COVID
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learning - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in over 4,000 cities and all 50 states across the United States and Canada. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Check out what’s the latest with DoorDash:
- DoorDash Design website: https://doordash.design/
- DoorDash Design blog: https://medium.com/design-doordash
- DoorDash blog: https://blog.doordash.com/
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.