At Couchbase, big things happen. Every day, we’re translating vision into reality by tackling new and exciting challenges head-on. This is a breakthrough stage in our company, where the enthusiasm of our employees and leadership team is infectious and growing. You’ll have the opportunity to learn new skills, grow your career, and work with the smartest, most passionate people in the industry.
You are a UX Designer creating simple, compelling experiences that delight users and result in increased revenue, customer satisfaction, and adoption through improved user experiences. You enjoy delighting users, simplifying complex workflows, advocating for UX and accessibility, and communicating designs and their nuances to engineers and stakeholders.
The two current pressing needs our team has in terms of UX Designer skills is in the database and business marketing/business results space. We want to improve conversion through the 'sign up, try, buy' workflow. Your ability to simply translate the 'why care' message to the customer and help customers to understand how Couchbase database works will be important. If you are a UX Designer with either prior database domain experience or business marketing/business results/digital education/visual marketing experience, we want to talk with you!
Here's a brief look at what success looks like in this role:
*In 3 months time- you'll have collaborated with the team to design and build a material contribution such as a new feature and have become fully versed in Couchbase Server and Cloud products and understand these offerings completely.
*In 6 months time- you'll understand and be able to design the needs of stakeholders and effectively collaborate with and communicate designs and their nuance to engineering to develop a cadence of on-time delivery without cutting corners.
*In 12 months time- you'll own the end-to-end user experience and deliver tasks through the entire SDLC, from design through development and maintain an established cadence of on-time delivery with high-quality work.
This role is also open to remote work (UK) as our teams are globally distributed. We are a remote-first team. Prior experience working remotely is not required, however, we are looking for team members who perform well given a high level of independence and autonomy and will establish a cadence of on-time delivery with high-quality work. #LI-RemoteUK
- Define and implement the user experience for Couchbase Cloud products
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables
- Partner with product managers, engineers, content authors, and others to oversee the user experience of a product or feature from concept to launch
- Evaluate our current products and recommend improvements
- Effectively communicate expectations for interactive designs with many possible states and manifestations
- Illustrate design ideas with storyboards, process flows, information architecture, and sitemaps
- Develop wireframes, prototypes, and high-fidelity designs to solve customer needs
- Conduct user surveys, usability tests, and gather feedback
- Perform A/B testing to improve effectiveness
- Maintain and evolve style guide
- Validate developed features and enhancements
- 3 years of experience designing delightful SaaS or similar products
- You are able to knowledgeably discuss user interactions within complex systems, databases, and cloud product offerings
- You love to design and build delightful and accessible user experiences using web technologies
- Are great at what you do and want to work with peers who challenge you
- You are kind and collaborative
- You enjoy working remote with people from all over the world
- You care deeply about software quality and operability, and better ways of building software
- Value clear, open communication. We value thoughtful feedback, regular dialogue, and collaboration as fundamental skills on our team.
Couchbase's mission is to be the platform that accelerates application innovation. To make this possible, Couchbase created an enterprise-class, multi-cloud NoSQL database architected on top of an open source foundation. Couchbase is the only database that combines the best of NoSQL with the power and familiarity of SQL, all in a single, elegant platform spanning from any cloud to the edge.
Couchbase has become pervasive in our everyday lives; our customers include industry leaders Amadeus, AT&T, BD (Becton, Dickinson and Company), Carrefour, Comcast, Disney, DreamWorks Animation, eBay, Marriott, Neiman Marcus, Tesco, Tommy Hilfiger, United, Verizon, Wells Fargo, as well as hundreds of other household names.
Couchbase’s HQ is conveniently located in Santa Clara, CA with additional offices throughout the globe. We’re committed to a work environment where you can be happy and thrive, in and out of the office.
At Couchbase, you’ll get:
* A fantastic culture
* A focused, energetic team with aligned goals
* True collaboration with everyone playing their positions
* Great market opportunity and growth potential
* Time off when you need it.
* Regular team lunches and fully-stocked kitchens.
* Open, collaborative spaces.
* Competitive benefits and pre-tax commuter perks
Whether you’re a new grad or a proven expert, you’ll have the opportunity to learn new skills, grow your career, and work with the smartest, most passionate people in the industry.
Revolutionizing an industry requires a top-notch team. Become a part of ours today. Bring your big ideas and we'll take on the next great challenge together.
Check out some recent industry recognition:
Want to learn more? Check out our blog: https://blog.couchbase.com/
Couchbase is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Couchbase are considered without regards to age, ancestry, color, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, protected family care or medical leave status, race, religion (including beliefs and practices or the absence thereof), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.