Who we are:
Rover.com connects pet parents with the world’s largest network of pet sitters and dog walkers. On Rover, pet parents can easily discover, book, and manage personalized care for their dogs including pet sitting, dog walking, and doggy daycare. Founded in 2011 on the belief that everyone should have the opportunity to experience the unconditional love of a dog, Rover improves and simplifies life for pet parents. We’re the European hub of a VC-backed Tech startup headquartered in Seattle. You will join an amazing and ambitious global team. In Europe, we have a diverse international team with over 20 nationalities represented in our Barcelona office. Our pioneering approach to people and pups alike landed us on the list of GeekWire’s Next Tech Titan in 2019 and the World's Most Innovative Companies in 2018 by Fast Company. Needless to say (but we're going to say it anyway) we love animals, and we wouldn't dream of going to work without them by our sides.
Who we are looking for:
Now, we are on a mission to bring Rover.com and the benefits we spread amongst more pet lovers! Therefore, we are looking for a passionate Product Designer in Barcelona to further improve and contribute to the Rover product’s user experience.
As a Product Designer at Rover, you are able to conceptualize and build the experience of our UX, gather and analyze research and feedback to move the product forward, utilize data to evaluate and test theories, designs and behavioral triggers.You will have ownership in designing experiences rooted in trust, quality visual design, and consistent look and feel across our devices. This will always be done in alignment with our design objectives and product requirements.
- Work directly with product managers and engineers to define product requirements, roadmaps and experiences
- Collaborate with our UX Research team to evaluate user and usability testing across the product lifecycle
- Drive human-centered design decisions mixing intuition and behavioral/psychological thinking with a healthy dose of data and user research
- Proactively bring the voice of our users and user insights to the teammates that you work with
- Own the projects you’ll work on, and action constructive feedback from peers and customers to always improve the Rover experience
- Work closely with your design peers to establish and expand on our design system
- Participate in shaping the long term vision and experience of the platform in a fun, dedicated design team in which you can learn from every day
What we are looking for in you:
- 1-3 years of experience as UX/Product Designer
- Knowledge in at least one user experience design platform (web, mobile web and mobile native apps)
- A passion for data-informed design, which makes you comfortable informing your work through business and product metrics
- Curiosity about UX Research methodologies and at ease in partnering up with our growing UX Research team
- Expertise with design tools such as Figma, Sketch and other prototyping tools
- Excitement about collaborating effectively with other creative individuals
- Ease and skills in interacting with stakeholders, managing expectations and accepting constructive criticism of your work
- Production of polished and professionally finished work
We would love it if you also had:
- Interaction Design and graphic animation skills (understanding of animation concepts and practice in creating animated illustrations/icons)
- Illustration skills
Benefits of working at Rover.com
- Competitive compensation
- Permanent contract
- Stock options
- Private health insurance
- Gym allowance
- Bring your dog to work (and unlimited puppy time)
- Monetary help for adopting a dog plus yearly credit to use on our platform
- Flexible work hours, sometimes you’ll need to be in at certain times, but on the whole, we’re pretty flexible when it comes to managing workload and time
- Grab snacks, fresh fruit, in our kitchen to keep yourself going (currently on hold due to Covid19)
- Free Tuesday breakfast and every other Thursday free company lunch (currently on hold due to Covid19)
- Regular team activities, including happy hours, game nights, and more (Remotely due to Covid19)
- A fun, versatile and experienced Product Design team, where you will be able to share your passion for design and product......while growing your proficiency in many design disciplines, from visual and UI design to design system and accessibility principles
Rover is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting a diverse, inclusive and inventive environment with the best employees. We’re driven by seeing our people succeed and grow, and we work to ensure everyone contributes to their fullest potential. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, protected veteran status, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.