Posted 1 year ago
Apply for this job
About Rocket Lawyer
We believe everyone deserves access to affordable and simple legal services.
Founded in 2008, Rocket Lawyer is the largest and most widely used online legal service platform in the world. With offices in North America and Europe, Rocket Lawyer has helped over 25 million people create over 50 million legal documents, and get their legal questions answered.
We are in a unique position to enhance and expand the Rocket Lawyer platform to a scale never seen before in the company’s history, to capture audiences worldwide. We are expanding our team to take on this challenge!
About the Role
Come be a member of our international, multi-disciplinary design team where you will be responsible for crafting the future of our products. Our passionate design team values collaboration, sharing ideas, and championing user-centered experiences across the organization. Product Designers at Rocket Lawyer take projects from the whiteboard to final visual specifications. We believe in innovative hybrid-designers who are fully capable of owning each stage of product design.
Ours is a design-lead organization that takes pride in shipping functional and engaging products. This is an opportunity to develop and define how small businesses and consumers get legal solutions anywhere, anytime. You’ll be responsible for designing for our innovation team and delivering our next generation experiences to new and existing customers coming to Rocket Lawyer for legal help. We are looking for a mobile-first designer who has the UX chops to turn complicated processes into simple and effective experiences.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with the product manager in shaping innovative experiences
- Lead cross-functional teams through hands-on product design ideation sessions
- Bring the voice of the customer into your everyday work through running user research, talking to customers, and leaning on personas in your designs
- Design storyboards, wireframes and high-fidelity mockups/prototypes of simple, engaging experiences that meet clear project goals and milestones
- Present designs to key stakeholders and product organization
- Adhere to consistency across our internal processes and design system
- Deliver detailed, pixel perfect assets and specs to our front-end developers
- Experience designing for responsive web and native mobile applications
- Excellent verbal communication skills in expressing design and product decisions to your team members
- Strong aptitude for giving and taking direction
- Approach problem solving with a positive attitude and eagerness to collaborate with your teammates
- Expert knowledge in user experience principles, graphic design and responsive web standards
- Passion for user research and metrics that track product successes
- Strong portfolio demonstrating high-caliber visual and interaction design skills
- Mastery of the Figma, Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite or whatever tools you prefer to get the job done
- Authorization to work in the United Kingdom
- Minimum 3-4 years experience in UI/UX design
Preferred Qualifications / Personal Characteristics:
- Native mobile app design experience
- Developed or worked within a design system
- Experience developing consumer or commercial web application interfaces
- Working knowledge of interaction animation
- Detail oriented, driven and self-motivated