At Volta we’re on a mission to accelerate the adoption of the electric vehicle. Volta's award-winning charging stations benefit brands, consumers, and real-estate locations by providing valuable advertising space to businesses and convenient charging to drivers. Strategically located in places consumers already visit, Volta's chargers are currently the most used electric vehicle charging stations in the United States.
We are currently looking for a highly motivated user centric designer to help us extend our design system and push our data products to the next level. In this contract role you will work on a range of products including web and mobile experiences, dashboards, and customer success documentation. You will be involved in the entire lifecycle of our products: from strategy and design research, to prototyping and iterating design solutions, to the execution of final design deliverables in close collaboration with our development team.
You will work directly with our design leadership team to translate high level concepts and raw data into engaging interfaces for some of our most important products. These include reporting tools that support our site partners like Whole foods and Walgreens, our network planning tool that predicts electric vehicle charging demand, and a data platform that monitors our charging stations in real time.
This role is a three month contract position. If you are fired-up about pushing design boundaries while creating memorable user experiences we’d love to hear from you. Please submit a link to your online portfolio in your application.
- Work closely with designers and product managers to expand our current design system
- Focus on what you do best: creating wireframes and mockups that support our user’s needs and push our products forward
- Design from concept to hand-off — know when to make low-fi sketches and when to make pixel-perfect prototypes
- Participate in usability research sessions with our customers
- Partner closely with data scientists on our data intelligence team to prototype new products
- Participate in design reviews and share your work regularly with our leadership team
- 3+ years of product design experience
- Strong understanding of interaction design patterns with a eye for visual harmony and information hierarchy
- Experience creating design systems, UI patterns, and data components for easy handoff to our development team — we use Figma
- Experience creating clear design documentation for multiple audiences
- Ability to clearly articulate your ideas to other designers, engineers, product managers, and stakeholders
- Experience working on a distributed team, including the ability to produce complex design deliverables with minimal guidance
- Ability to iterate quickly and deliver prototypes and design solutions that support a rapid customer feedback cycle
- Experience designing for web, Android and iOSExperience with prototyping tools such as Invision, Framer, Principle, or Figma
- You love data, data science, and data visualizations
- You’re interested in machine learning principles and how they translate into successful data products
- You're passionate about pixel perfect designs and great typography
- You have some experience coding and good technical knowledge of web and native platforms
- You’re excited about sustainability and the future of electric vehicles