Senior UX Designer
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Now, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Role: Senior UX Designer
As a Senior UX Designer for PlayStation Partners /Tools, you will build amazing tools that empower internal and external parties to create and publish PlayStation software for sale on disc through retail and digitally via the PlayStation Store. The PlayStation partner platform supports the submission of product metadata, game content, sales and promotion information required to publish PlayStation software. It is our goal to support all PlayStation game developers and publishers, getting their content to the consumers with as little effort and time as possible. This position will play an integral part in the Documentation Portal team, supporting those looking to learn more about using PlayStation Partners features and products, addressing their needs by providing a single destination for accessing all documentation, tutorials and help content.
What you’ll be doing:
- You will develop high level and/or detailed storyboards and wireframes, mockups, and prototypes to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas
- Negotiate design-related requirements and play anactive lead role in the feedback and iteration cycle
- You will participate in user testing to gauge the usability of new and existing products and make constructive suggestions for change
- Communicate clearly and concisely through technical specifications
- Work closely with Engineering, Product Planning, UXWriting and Research, Senior Management, and regional business stakeholders located around the world throughout all stages of the product cycle
- Making things better while working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
What we’re looking for:
- 6+ years of experience as an UX/Interaction Designer or a similar role
- Portfolio of shipped work demonstrating experienced designing throughout the entire product development lifecycle and understanding of user-centered design principles
- Expertise using industry standard design/prototyping software
- Experience working with design systems at scale
- Extensive experience in designing compelling and quality interfaces for new and existing products and features
- Strong ability to champion and communicate design ideas using sketches, flow diagrams, wireframes, mock ups and prototypes in a cross-functional team environment
- Able to become an expert on your assigned products, gauge the usability of new products and features, and make constructive suggestions that aid in their ideation and development
- Strong leadership and cross-functional collaboration skills
- Experience with working with developers and understanding of the development process
- Self-motivated, highly organized, and able to perform multiple tasks under minimal supervision
- Discretionary bonus opportunity
- Private Medical Insurance
- Dental Scheme
- London Allowance (if applicable)
- 25 days holiday per year
- On Site Gym
- Subsidised Café
- Free soft drinks
- On site bar
- Access to cycle garage and showers
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.