Senior UX Engineer
Streamlit is the fastest way to build and share data applications. We’re a collaborative team of technologists who share a common goal to give the data community superpowers that let them project their creativity, intelligence, insights, and influence out into the world. We're well funded with great investors, and we're building the future of data and looking for engineers to join our family-friendly and remote-first startup. The team is comprised of folks from a variety of backgrounds with experience at Google, Heroku, Facebook, Carnegie Mellon, and Stanford. And some of us didn't go to school or work anywhere fancy. We don’t care where you went to school or where you worked before, just that you're excited to help make an amazing experience for building data apps.
We are building a Visual Experience team, whose mission is to make Streamlit apps beautiful by default. We want it to be easy for people to build amazing and usable Streamlit apps. We are looking for a Senior UX Engineer to be the first person to join and help us grow this team.
We're a values-driven company and you can find them here on our public Notion page!
What you’ll do:
- Ship design docs for features or to address technical challenges
- Build delightful and well-documented visual abstractions for teammates to use and evolve
- Ship high-quality code that implements platform features
- Review other team members' designs and code
- Collaborate with our design team to provide feedback (e.g. technical feasibility, web standards)
- Resolve tech debt and bugs as part of our engineering rotation
- Participate in and facilitate team meetings
- Analyzes and owns overall efficiency, reliability, and performance of UX codebase/processes
- Fosters a supportive environment to other engineers of varying abilities.
It's important to us that you have:
- Strong familiarity with React or similar front-end frameworks
- Experience with full-stack automated testing (e.g. Jest, Cypress)
- Skilled at building responsive web interfaces
- Experience with CSS libraries like SASS
It would be awesome if:
- Experience designing cross-team projects
- Experience with Figma or similar design tools
- Familiarity or interest in building design systems
- Experience with frameworks similar to Tailwind.css, CSS-in-JS
- Open source contributor or maintainer
- Familiarity or interest with data science, AI, machine learning
- Familiarity or interest in web accessibility
- Familiarity with Python, Ruby, or similar dynamic languages
What We Offer
Stock Options, Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Unlimited PTO, Benepass, Commuter Benefits, Work from Home Stipend, Parental Leave.